BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

It looks as though the UK Feed will be using Studio E and World will use C at least until the election. Who knows if this may end up becoming a permanent arrangement.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 9 users Like MFTJA's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Jeff, matthieu1221, Radio_man, TVFan, xlalonce

(23-05-2024, 05:22 PM)bbctvtechop Wrote:  I wonder how long ago that was recorded?!

The only David Jones, Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher MNF line-up of the season was last week, so presumably last week. Think the football elements seen also back that up (was Aston Villa v. Liverpool). So, unless they were brought in seperately, the Kay pieces at the very least were likely done last Monday.

Given the thread has now reopened, I'll put a summary on what we know broadcasters are doing so far.

BBC: Nothing confirmed yet but rumours are it will be Laura Kuennsberg and Clive Myrie on Election Night.

ITV: Nothing confirmed yet, most likely going to be Tom Bradby presenting.

Channel 4: Their Election night coverage will be presented by Krishnan Guru-Murthy and Emily Matlis and they will be joined by Rory Stewart, Alistair Campbell, Gary Gibson and a bunch of Googlebox stars with Cathy Newman reporting from party HQ's. Clare Balding is no longer part of the team due to clashes with Wimbledon.

Sky News: Kay Burley is presenting the Election Night Live coverage and they will be presenting from the studio that mainly is used for Sky's Premier League coverage alongside Andy Burnham, Ruth Davidson, Beth Rigby, Trevor Phillips and Ed Conway. Sophy Ridge will then take over from 7am from Westminster with Sam Coates and Adam Boulton.

GB News: Unsure yet.
[-] The following 8 users Like TMD_24's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, Hadrien, interestednovice, lookoutwales, mark, TIGHazard, UTVLifer

(23-05-2024, 05:37 PM)MFTJA Wrote:  It looks as though the UK Feed will be using Studio E and World will use C at least until the election. Who knows if this may end up becoming a permanent arrangement.

twitter.com 

Back to the way it was before the merger then, at least until the election anyway.
[-] The following 3 users Like AJB39's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, oscillon

Can't have been too long ago, as it includes John Swinney as SNP leader.

Gary Neville doesn’t do every Monday Night Football, if anything he’s more off it than on it, however he was on it on Monday last week, and that was the first time in a while.

(23-05-2024, 06:47 PM)Transmission Wrote:  Can't have been too long ago, as it includes John Swinney as SNP leader.
They either got very lucky with the timing of that - both in terms of making it with him in and just in time for the announcement, or there was a quick reedit the other week.

Of course he's not actually part of this election, being an MSP.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • UTVLifer

One general presentation related thing I'll say here , you don't need a big studio with a flashy expensive hi-tech set. GB News seemed to manage to cover the recent local elections fine with ... well, what they've got. Especially compared to what we're perhaps get from the more established (and perhaps arguably more reputable) TV news broadcasters that tend to go all bells and whistles for an event that usually only happens once every 4-5 years. Just because you can doesn't always mean you should.

(I would've posted this in the GB News thread, but I though I might as well post it here instead now this thread has re-opened.
[-] The following 3 users Like TheGregmeister's post:
  • AndrewP, interestednovice, UTVLifer

Great idea to use the Monday Night Football studio for election night - they get an impressive new set without having to build one. NBC and MSNBC have used sports studios on election night in the past.

In terms of graphics, when did Sky last have the poll numbers permanently on- screen during an election campaign? They started doing it with the 2001 graphics that launched the moment that election was called - and I remember them doing it as recently as 2010, but they're not doing it now.
[-] The following 4 users Like mark's post:
  • bkman1990, Jeff, lookoutwales, UTVLifer

Politics Hub will be going seven days a week during the election campaign. Sophy Ridge will do Monday-Thursday whilst Ali Fortescue (Who has just come back from maternity leave) will do Friday-Sunday.

x.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like TMD_24's post:
  • AJB39, matthieu1221, Michael 18