Britain’s Got Talent 2024

I'm not liking the way they've decided to abruptly cut the dramatic background music, to the sound of a beating heartbeat, during the announcement of the winner and 2nd place public vote result. They didn't do this on Monday but have since changed it to this. This background music usually goes up a level whilst they pause to announce the result, but this bit is cut out now. Not sure why they have altered it as it has been present in the results for past 7 or so years. Additionally, there used to be another piece of dramatic music during the recap of who's who immediately before the announcement of the results, I think another part of the same piece. But that has been missing now for many years. It's a more friendlier score now.

It does seem completely pointless, especially when the audience just drown the heartbeat sound out anyway!

I've always been a fan of the jolly little jingle they do introducing the acts back but no idea what musical piece it comes from (or if it was custom knocked up just for BGT), it was quite amusing on Tuesday night when they accidentally stopped playing it and you just had Ant going '...And Ravi's Dream Team!'

Think I would also prefer it if they lined the acts up on stage in the order they actually performed too

I feel like the show has run its course now and it’s been 17 years too long.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DeMarkay's post:
  • JasonB

(31-05-2024, 01:10 AM)DeMarkay Wrote:  I feel like the show has run its course now and it’s been 17 years too long.

I echo these comments. Once SNT has finished it's series and I see an advert for Britain's Got Talent my eyes roll immediately. Same feelings go for the likes of Big Brother and Love Island.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JasonB's post:
  • all new phil

I mean it’s definitely stale and has been for a few years but it definitely doesn’t quite feel like it’s on life support like the last few series of The X Factor.
[-] The following 1 user Likes darrenlit94's post:
  • Brekkie

(31-05-2024, 12:08 AM)Johnr Wrote:  It does seem completely pointless, especially when the audience just drown the heartbeat sound out anyway!

I've always been a fan of the jolly little jingle they do introducing the acts back but no idea what musical piece it comes from (or if it was custom knocked up just for BGT), it was quite amusing on Tuesday night when they accidentally stopped playing it and you just had Ant going '...And Ravi's Dream Team!'

Think I would also prefer it if they lined the acts up on stage in the order they actually performed too

I wish they'd go back to using a prope title sequence and use the proper theme again! Don't know why they seem to hate their own theme so much!

[Image: sig.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like TheRealWB's post:
  • AndrewP, DeMarkay, Juicy Joe

(31-05-2024, 11:01 AM)TheRealWB Wrote:  I wish they'd go back to using a prope title sequence and use the proper theme again! Don't know why they seem to hate their own theme so much!

Yes- the theme when the winner of the semi final is announced is an instrumental snippet of One Direction’s Best Song Ever (though on Semi Final 1 it was a different theme that I didn’t quite recognise… from clips online it seems this theme was used last year too- I guess they alternate between that and Best Song Ever); and then when the second person gets through on the judge’s vote, it’s Higher Power by Coldplay (which has also been used in the final to announce the winner of the whole thing that last two years).

From 2017-2020, the songs used were Best Song Ever and Sky Full of Stars by Coldplay.

And 2014-16 (for both the finalists who got through each semi final *and* the overall winner of the show) it was Change Your Life by Little Mix

(31-05-2024, 06:00 PM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  Yes- the theme when the winner of the semi final is announced is an instrumental snippet of One Direction’s Best Song Ever (though on Semi Final 1 it was a different theme that I didn’t quite recognise… from clips online it seems this theme was used last year too- I guess they alternate between that and Best Song Ever); and then when the second person gets through on the judge’s vote, it’s Higher Power by Coldplay (which has also been used in the final to announce the winner of the whole thing that last two years).

From 2017-2020, the songs used were Best Song Ever and Sky Full of Stars by Coldplay.

And 2014-16 (for both the finalists who got through each semi final *and* the overall winner of the show) it was Change Your Life by Little Mix

But what's the name of the background music playing whilst the judges are deliberating their choices and immediately before Ant and Dec announce the Semi Final winner. It sounds dark, foreboding and dramatic, much better than cutting to a heartbeat sound effect. It's been used for years in the results shows.

It's called Lux Aeterna by Clint Mansell
[-] The following 2 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • Hybrid, Juicy Joe

5 minutes longer tonight and they’ve jumped in with the acts starting immediately. Wonder if they have something big planned.