BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

(07-06-2024, 12:12 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Also see Tonight had different versions of their interview programmes go out in Wales and Scotland last night. England showed an interview with the leader of the Lib Dems, Wales had Plaid Cymru and Scotland Lib Dems and Greens. Not sure what happened in NI which of course has its own political scene largely overlooked in the context of election coverage by the UK networks.

x.com 
Given today's headlines I assume the one for the Conservatives will be airing fairly soon. Unless the schedules have yet to be updated on ITV's website I'm guessing probably next Wednesday, when there's a Tonight scheduled at 7pm.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Keith's post:
  • UTVLifer

You could say Penny will have Mordaunt enough by the time we get to the seven way debate tonight...

I'll get me coat..
[-] The following 2 users Like XIII's post:
  • chrisherald, Michael Wotton

(07-06-2024, 12:41 PM)Keith Wrote:  Given today's headlines I assume the one for the Conservatives will be airing fairly soon. Unless the schedules have yet to be updated on ITV's website I'm guessing probably next Wednesday, when there's a Tonight scheduled at 7pm.

Sunak's interview with Tonight airs next Wednesday, two days after his BBC Panorama interview with Nick Robinson goes out on Monday

Even ignoring other issues surrounding this, recording an interview like this 6 days before broadcast seems bizarre, things move so quickly in these campaigns that it could all be horribly out of date by then.
[-] The following 13 users Like James2001's post:
  • AJB39, Brekkie, chris, chrisherald, Jeff, Johnnie, matthieu1221, Nobby, octothorpe, Stooky Bill, Stuart, TIGHazard, TJTSW

(07-06-2024, 01:23 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Even ignoring other issues surrounding this, recording an interview like this 6 days before broadcast seems bizarre, things move so quickly in these campaigns that it could all be horribly out of date by then.
There's a well known saying about that.....

[-] The following 5 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • chrisherald, London Lite, Spencer, Stuart, UTVLifer

Full details of BBC Cymru Wales’ coverage is out…

www.bbc.co.uk 

And disappointingly, they’re reverting back to the easy route of simulcasting their two TV election night shows on radio, as per most of the last few occasions- Radio Wales will simulcast with BBC1 and Radio Cymru will carry S4C’s show until 5am.
[-] The following 2 users Like lookoutwales's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald

Is someone from the BBC reading this forum? At last there a election promo for the debates in 30mins, and a nice promo endbroad.

[-] The following 10 users Like Milkshake's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, callumwatchestelly, chrisherald, Jeff, Mixdown, Reith85, Stuart, TVFan, UTVLifer

The music used for the BBC Election debate, is the same as the updated 2019 Arthur music. The titles have a purple twinge to them.
[-] The following 2 users Like Milkshake's post:
  • bkman1990, Mixdown

Really like the titles for the BBC Election Debate, and not a crudely animated circle in sight. It’s like they’ve got someone who knows what they’re doing to make them.

Could someone point them in the direction of the News Channel and Breakfast please?
[-] The following 18 users Like Spencer's post:
  • ACTV, AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, DeMarkay, GeekyJames, GMc, Jeff, kookaburra, Mixdown, Reith85, scottishtv, Stuart, thePineapple, TVHead, UTVLifer

The BBC using their radio studio for tonight's debate. A simple set but seems to be effective.

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall after a previous election debate it was followed on BBC One by an episode of Would I Lie To You, which some thought was the schedulers trolling. Still, we've got Have I Got News For You on afterwards, which I believe was recorded last night.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 4 users Like Keith's post:
  • chrisherald, Reith85, Stuart, UTVLifer