BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

I guess there's the question of whether you mean BBC News branded as being on the ticker, or BBC News branded as being on the titles- as the latter's never happened, with general elections at least.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • harshy

(08-06-2024, 01:23 AM)James2001 Wrote:  I guess there's the question of whether you mean BBC News branded as being on the ticker, or BBC News branded as being on the titles- as the latter's never happened, with general elections at least.

Indeed, that's what I was referencing. The first election coverage with a BBC News logo next to a ticker, for at least a portion of the evening, was the 2005 coverage.

At the very least, there's a precedent there for not featuring a BBC News logo in the title sequence, even if it did feature quite prominently on the graphics for a while.

(07-06-2024, 09:40 PM)eggsontoast Wrote:  Agreed it looked good and is an under used resource in central London, however i'm surprised no one has mentioned that the lip-sync was out (audio early) thoughout the entire 90mins

I dint think the sync was noticeably bad; but I did find the sound quality to be poor - very trebley and in some cases distorting. I've seen conflicting reports about it elsewhere so wonder if it was something downstream of the studio - I was watching on Freeview, London HD.
[-] The following 1 user Likes thegeek's post:
  • SB678

(07-06-2024, 11:10 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  Have the election night programmes, or election debates, ever been branded as BBC News?

I don’t know to tell the truth I was just asking a question and now I have a clear answer, thank you :-)

(08-06-2024, 02:04 AM)bilky asko Wrote:  Indeed, that's what I was referencing. The first election coverage with a BBC News logo next to a ticker, for at least a portion of the evening, was the 2005 coverage.

At the very least, there's a precedent there for not featuring a BBC News logo in the title sequence, even if it did feature quite prominently on the graphics for a while.

Another thing about the 2005 election is the branding didn't have the year in, it was just called "Election Night"- I think the only time that's ever been the case since the 50s.

I remember when BBC Parliament showed the 1959 election, with introduction and closing from David Dimblebly, he said they weren't showing the following day's coverage as it doesn't exist, though there is a clip from that daytime coverage that's been repeated a fair bit of an interviewer in the street trying to find someone to talk to and everyone refusing, so at least some of it must exist (but I guess not enough for them to consider it worth repeating).

The overnight coverage wasn't complete either, as you could tell whenever there was a time check and it showed more time passing than we saw on screen, I think there was a couple of hours missing, though they'd edited it fairly seamlessly so it was hard to notice.
  • chrisherald

Has Arthur been revamped for 2024? Last night the theme seemed to have more clout to it compared to 2019, especially the thunderclaps.

It sounded much better, but I still hate the way that it doesn't build like Rick Wakeman's original and the ending is a damp squib.
[-] The following 3 users Like RDJ's post:
  • chrisherald, Stuart, UTVLifer

As long as we get new titles, seeing as they used the same ones for 2015, 17 and 19, which was incredibly lazy.
  • Stuart

(08-06-2024, 10:54 AM)James2001 Wrote:  Another thing about the 2005 election is the branding didn't have the year in, it was just called "Election Night"- I think the only time that's ever been the case since the 50s.

But oddly they went for Election 2005 titles on the Friday morning!

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes BN88's post:
  • chrisherald

Different titles entirely as well- possibly also the only time the morning coverage has been introduced with different titles to the evening?