BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

(11-06-2024, 09:36 AM)DTV Wrote:  Quite feasible that any election graphics were designed assuming an election date around October or later, i.e., were designed to match a style that is set to be introduced before then. Given the current set (minor updates aside) were introduced nearly five years ago (mid-July 2019)...
Are we expecting some presentational changes between now and October then?

I think unlike some MPs broadcasters would have been working to the possibility of an election anytime from May onwards.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • chrisherald, Milkshake

(11-06-2024, 07:27 AM)DavidWhitfield Wrote:  Bit of a hint of what to expect on 4th July ...

scontent-lhr6-2.xx.fbcdn.net 

16:9 safe graphics - a first for BBC News, and an exciting development indeed.

I should note that I think that '24' design is a thing of beauty. Very nicely done indeed.

Was this on the BBC News Channel?

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

(11-06-2024, 01:35 PM)Moz Wrote:  Was this on the BBC News Channel?

You can see these in action in this video here:
www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like TVHead's post:
  • chrisherald, Earlie37, Juicy Joe, Moz, Stuart

Also at the end of the election headlines from yesterday, the clock in the bottom right appears at the end:    
[-] The following 8 users Like TVHead's post:
  • bilky asko, chrisherald, Earlie37, interestednovice, Juicy Joe, LDN, lookoutwales, Stuart

Update on Channel 4’s election night coverage - airing until 9am, with Hannah Fry replacing Clare Balding on data duties

x.com 
[-] The following 9 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisdafur, chrisherald, LargelyALurker, matthieu1221, Milkshake, RhysJR, Stuart, Transmission

Sophie Raworth has had to pull out of hosting the Sunak v Starmer debate due to an ankle fracture, with Mishal stepping in.

www.mirror.co.uk 
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • chrisherald, RhysJR

(11-06-2024, 04:50 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Sophie Raworth has had to pull out of hosting the Sunak v Starmer debate due to an ankle fracture, with Mishal stepping in.

www.mirror.co.uk 

Well Mishal deserves it. She did an amazing job on the last debate.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 12 users Like Moz's post:
  • ACTV, AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, Jeff, matthieu1221, Reith85, SB678, Stuart, xlalonce

Some captures of the BBC Scotland Leaders' Debate taking place tonight at the Bute Hall, University of Glasgow.

Reporting Scotland preview: up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

Debate Night branding/graphics being used: up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

[-] The following 3 users Like scottishtv's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, thePineapple

It's also signed on the News Channel, with a bespoke background on the squeezeback:

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

[-] The following 3 users Like thegeek's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, scottishtv

The casual non-Scottish viewer might have thought Stephen Jardine was himself a Scottish party leader going by that setup...and is it me or did one of the BBC tags fall off (on one of the actual leaders' lecterns?)
[-] The following 3 users Like lookoutwales's post:
  • chrisherald, LargelyALurker, UTVLifer