C4 Programme Commissioning Woes

The Last Leg is back for a special on Friday 5th July with quite a late end time for the taping…

Quote:The doors open at 8.30pm
We expect the show to end approximately 12.15am

www.sroaudiences.com 

I assume the show is then back a few weeks after for the Olympics.

It's two hours so assume it starts at 10pm after Celebrity Gogglebox. Suspect it might do quite well as a one-off might appeal to lapsed viewers such as myself, and the expected result might change the tone of it somewhat.

(21-06-2024, 09:30 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  It's two hours so assume it starts at 10pm after Celebrity Gogglebox. Suspect it might do quite well as a one-off might appeal to lapsed viewers such as myself, and the expected result might change the tone of it somewhat.

I have been hearing that after the Paralympics shows, the autumn run will have a new look. I think the change in government, which looks like will happen will certainly shift the tone of the show, and there are plans for a new look.

However, I feel it will just be cosmetic and we will still see the usual churn of lacklustre guests.

Their election night special is being produced from Pinewood Studios, so I think this is the first time they have used Pinewood's television studios - Television Centre's Studio TC1 is not available as two US game shows are being filmed there at this time, and Elstree Studio D and Riverside TV Studios must be booked.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JMT1985's post:
  • UTVLifer

Not sure if I should have put this in the Sky thread, but C4 are closing their regional SD channels on satellite on Monday, leaving London SD as the only SD region of the channel.

E4, More4, Film4 and 4seven continue in SD on satellite.

rxtvinfo.com 

On that subject, but I guess the polar opposite, does anyone know if C4HD has ever been regionalised on Freeview? It certainly wasn’t for many years but I wonder if that’s since changed.

Similarly is C4+1 still regionalised? I’d have thought that wouldn’t have long left if so.

Can’t find anything online about either.

Edit: Asked ChatGPT about both! Yes C4HD is regional on Freeview as of last year and it appears the +1 regions still exist.

(29-06-2024, 10:07 PM)gottago Wrote:  On that subject, but I guess the polar opposite, does anyone know if C4HD has ever been regionalised on Freeview? It certainly wasn’t for many years but I wonder if that’s since changed.

Similarly is C4+1 still regionalised? I’d have thought that wouldn’t have long left if so.

Edit: Asked ChatGPT about both! Yes C4HD is regional on Freeview as of last year and it appears the +1 regions still exist.

Off topic (kinda) but how does ChatGPT know that, if you can’t find anything online?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ash101's post:
  • strollfan

Don’t know if gottago was joking about asking ChatGPT - as far as I’m aware C4 HD still does not have regional advertising on Freeview.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]

(29-06-2024, 10:07 PM)gottago Wrote:  On that subject, but I guess the polar opposite, does anyone know if C4HD has ever been regionalised on Freeview? It certainly wasn’t for many years but I wonder if that’s since changed.

Seems to be documented at ukfree.tv, but you have to look for it. this example for Sutton Coldfield:

ukfree.tv  Wrote:104 Channel 4 HD Midlands ads PSB3

Likewise if I look up Emley Moor, I get the same, but "Channel 4 HD North ads". Mendip shows me Channel 4 HD South ads...

You get the idea. Have to get this from the Transmitter lists, it doesn't show if you just look at C4HD channel page.

(29-06-2024, 10:22 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  Off topic (kinda) but how does ChatGPT know that, if you can’t find anything online?

Rakes the internet for the information in a better way than my simple Google terms do.

(29-06-2024, 10:38 PM)Neil Jones Wrote:  Seems to be documented at ukfree.tv, but you have to look for it. this example for Sutton Coldfield:

Likewise if I look up Emley Moor, I get the same, but "Channel 4 HD North ads". Mendip shows me Channel 4 HD South ads...

You get the idea. Have to get this from the Transmitter lists, it doesn't show if you just look at C4HD channel page.

Thanks for this, also confirms the +1 regions surprisingly remain.