BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

(24-06-2024, 01:49 PM)James2001 Wrote:  The TV-am archive YouTube channel has a fair few clips of their 87 and 92 election coverage (none from 83 though strangely).

1983 was jointly produced by ITN and ITV regions which meant at 13min past each hour there were local updates from the 15 Local ITV newsrooms. A roughly video of the 3 hours is floating around the web.

Main presenters were Robert Kee and from ITN studio giving the news updates was Martyn Lewis. Not to worry there was some more TVAM fun with Henry Kelly and his café Bar.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Milkshake's post:
  • chrisherald

x.com 

New Arthur theme just dropped!
[-] The following 10 users Like DJCC7's post:
  • AndrewP, bai4943, chrisherald, fatal paper cut, JamieD, JMT1985, London Lite, mark, matthieu1221, Stuart

It really doesn't need the thunderclaps and the pips.
[-] The following 3 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • London Lite, msim, scottishtv

It would appear there’s going to be some kind of musical build-up to the exit poll announcement…

x.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like Spencer's post:
  • AndrewP, bai4943, chrisherald, fatal paper cut

Wish the BBC would make it easier to find the local hustings. I listened to my local one today on radio, where they said you could "watch it on BBC News" and "later on iPlayer".

Turns out on iPlayer the debates come under the 'Your Voice, Your Vote' series. www.bbc.co.uk 

The watch live on BBC News turned out to be a live page, which I only found via their twitter feed. BBC News - St Neots and Mid Cambridgeshire constituency debate for 2024 general election - BBC News
www.bbc.co.uk 

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Keith's post:
  • chrisherald

(24-06-2024, 01:49 PM)James2001 Wrote:  The TV-am archive YouTube channel has a fair few clips of their 87 and 92 election coverage (none from 83 though strangely).

1992’s election coverage was the only one TV-am covered that was co-produced by ITN. In 1992, ITN’s Election coverage switched to Channel 4 for the breakfast hours. I know there are some clips online of politicians on TV-am that morning, but I’m not sure how much of the election they covered otherwise. If you search for the listings on the Friday morning it appeared TV-am had a normal schedule. Obviously by the April the News had been outsourced to Sky, whether they had some involvement I'm not sure of, but David Frost did co-anchor Sky News’s coverage that year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nwtv2003's post:
  • chrisherald

(24-06-2024, 06:58 PM)Spencer Wrote:  It would appear there’s going to be some kind of musical build-up to the exit poll announcement…

I know not everyone liked the 2010 theme but I thought the build-up to the exit poll worked really well so if they can do something like that with the Arthur theme, hopefully it should be good.
[-] The following 4 users Like Transmission's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Jayesyn, Spencer

New titles hopefully, seeing as they used the same ones for 2015, 17 and 19. But there's a clip of those titles in that video (though he also has the logo from those elections too, whereas we know there's a new one this year)

Does the word 'Town Hall' or an equivalent not exist in the UK election lexicon? Everyone seems to keep referring to today's double interview on the Sun and last week's similar Sky event as a debate even if it wasn't really one? I'd imagine because the format is most similar to Question Time but that naturally, or some derivative, can't be used?

Wish they’d come up with something different to be honest, I’m getting tired of these debates.

Maybe get the leaders on Tipping Point.
[-] The following 1 user Likes all new phil's post:
  • Langham