(26-06-2024, 06:24 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  Impressive set for the CNN Debate:

www.cnn.com 

This can’t be Studio H, right? The set looks too tall to fit there. If they aren’t in H, why did they remove the sofa and why haven’t they been broadcasting from H for the past few days?

Unless they plan to use that sofa spot for parts of either their pre or post debate coverage

(26-06-2024, 06:24 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  Impressive set for the CNN Debate:

www.cnn.com 

This can’t be Studio H, right? The set looks too tall to fit there. If they aren’t in H, why did they remove the sofa and why haven’t they been broadcasting from H for the past few days?
Could it be the other, still unseen part of the Studio H, with promised AR extensions (hence the tallness)?

(26-06-2024, 07:22 PM)xlalonce Wrote:  Unless they plan to use that sofa spot for parts of either their pre or post debate coverage
Interestingly, Kaitlan Collins said she'll be anchoring the Source from Atlanta today as they are pumping up their coverage ahead of the debate. We'll see if she comes from a studio or some makeshift setup.
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • xlalonce

(26-06-2024, 07:26 PM)oscillon Wrote:  Could it be the other, still unseen part of the Studio H, with promised AR extensions (hence the tallness)?

You might be right about the AR, given the last 2 shots of the video, they seem fo flicker a bit on some edges

Also, Alex Thomas was on Newsroom with John Vause and Rosemary Church last night as an independent journalist reporting on the Assange news. I think it's the first time I've seen him back on CNN seen leaving World Sport and the network.

Some more shots of the studio and technical details shared here www.cnn.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes alex.w's post:
  • EastCoast

Seems like every CNN Anchor and Political Commentator has descended on Atlanta. CNN have dressed up Techwood nicely. Easy to forget that CNN Center was still active a few months ago.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EastCoast's post:
  • oscillon

Keep in mind that the weather in Atlanta is ROASTING. Its nearly 100F degrees (38 C). So they had to prepare also to keep the talent cool on the outdoor studio. So if look back at one of the preparation tweets we saw they were also installing A/C tubes to blow cold air over the talent. And its not just HOT, the south gets stupid HUMID. Like not being able to breathe. So they had to prepare for that with the outdoor A/C. Its a nice shot infront of the old Country Club building, but would it have made sense to take over another studio at the complex? WHo knows. Probably cheaper to do this setup maybe instead building analyst studio aside from the set for the actual debate.

Botched TOTH on CNN Max with State of the Race starting 4 minutes late. It’s a repeat of the 3pm Newsroom, meaning the debate countdown clock is 4 hours (and 4 minutes) behind.

(26-06-2024, 11:28 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  Seems like every CNN Anchor and Political Commentator has descended on Atlanta. CNN have dressed up Techwood nicely. Easy to forget that CNN Center was still active a few months ago.
CNN even rolled out the big curved desk for anchors & pundits onto the outdoors stage
postimg.cc 

Also, NewscastStudio reports that the debate itself will take place at Georgia Tech’s McCamish Pavilion, with no mention of Studio H.
Quote:Set for June 27 at Georgia Tech’s McCamish Pavilion, the event’s stage design might look familiar to viewers.
www.newscaststudio.com 

In this case - might it be that Studio H is out of action because they temporarily transported some of its tech to use in the debate stage?

(26-06-2024, 11:28 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  Seems like every CNN Anchor and Political Commentator has descended on Atlanta. CNN have dressed up Techwood nicely. Easy to forget that CNN Center was still active a few months ago.

Something that hasn't happened in decades, probably since the last time they did election coverage from CNN Center which was in early 2000s, I think.

Also, this could be the last time Atlanta sees this much action.

If Studio H doesn't get any usage, for all of these shows coming to Atlanta today, then it truly is a total waste of space.

Paula Newton is in NY broom cupboard this morning/overnight.

(26-06-2024, 09:20 PM)alex.w Wrote:  Also, Alex Thomas was on Newsroom with John Vause and Rosemary Church last night as an independent journalist reporting on the Assange news. I think it's the first time I've seen him back on CNN seen leaving World Sport and the network.

Alex has been working mostly for Fox Sports News in Australia, with several appearances on Sky News Australia, and Al Jazeera.

I'm a bit surprised that CNN would use a freelancer instead using Angus Watson, who I believe is still with the network.