UKTV to become 'U'

(30-06-2024, 05:13 PM)Thomanory Wrote:  W's YouTube channel is completely empty, yet they have 82K subscribers. At least for me.

Could have had videos that were privated?

[Image: BB50.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blubatt's post:
  • Happy2001

Yeah, they've either hidden or deleted the content I'd assume.

The website has been updated with the U branding... Simular thing to what happened with ITVX.    

(02-07-2024, 11:19 PM)GeeTeeKay474 Wrote:  The website has been updated with the U branding... Simular thing to what happened with ITVX.
The big difference is that ITVX was just an extension to the existing ITV brand and style. It also didn't affect the names of the channels.

'U' is taking a wrecking ball to the existing UKTV brand and that of all their channels. Confused

When one of your popular channels says "We know you'll still call us Dave", then you've accepted defeat before the starting gun was fired.
[-] The following 2 users Like Stuart's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, Scrotnig

Renaming one of the most successful TV brands in existence, Dave, to U&Dave, is as daft as say, renaming UK Gold to UKTV Go- oh wait.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 5 users Like VMPhil's post:
  • benzj, LargelyALurker, Ma76, Stuart, Tola

(Yesterday, 11:10 AM)VMPhil Wrote:  Renaming one of the most successful TV brands in existence, Dave, to U&Dave, is as daft as say, renaming UK Gold to UKTV Go- oh wait.

Or, even worse, Go On Laugh Daily.
[-] The following 4 users Like James2001's post:
  • benzj, DeMarkay, ethanjbrady, Mike

It is slightly amusing that the way this rebrand has split poster views now seems to very closely match UKTV's scheduling.

90% repeats, 10% original content! Big Grin

TV Whirl - Since 2001
[-] The following 1 user Likes TesTVWhirl's post:
  • ATee

(Yesterday, 11:49 AM)TesTVWhirl Wrote:  It is slightly amusing that the way this rebrand has split poster views now seems to very closely match UKTV's scheduling.

Unfortunately, when a rebrand is this bad, it's hard not to express how bad it is. I think we've all been quite restrained, to be honest!

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 4 users Like VMPhil's post:
  • Ma76, Milkshake, Scrotnig, Stuart

This must have been posted before but can’t help but feel if the marketing people had seen this before deciding on the U brand it wouldn’t be happeneing

youtu.be 

(Yesterday, 11:49 AM)TesTVWhirl Wrote:  It is slightly amusing that the way this rebrand has split poster views now seems to very closely match UKTV's scheduling.

I’d like to provide some of that original content that ‘u’ was also a sub-brand/tariff from BT Cellnet in the 90s. They even had the brand on some of their phones (see www.modip.ac.uk ). It led to them making lots of puns, if you can call them that, like ‘All about U’ being a title of the manual/tariff guide (?).

I expect some similar references in ‘U’s marketing?