(29-06-2024, 10:26 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  CNN en Español used a newsroom based set for their analysis which looked pretty good. Wouldn’t be upset if this became a permanent fixture for the midday Newsroom

youtu.be 
youtu.be 

Looks like the desk used by the NYC Newsroom studio before the Hudson Yards move
[-] The following 3 users Like xlalonce's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice, Marcos

(29-06-2024, 11:48 AM)j.smith Wrote:  Jeanne Moos has retired from CNN after 43 years:

x.com 

Wow 43 years is amazing. She's pretty much been there all of CNN's life. Will miss her always had the fun part of CNN, even lasting through CNN being less uh yeah.... had a great style all her own. Legend all her own. Hoping she has a great retirement.

Here's a fun thing from when she was celebrating almost 35 years at the network
www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like sky303's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice, Jeff, Talkover

Notice Max Foster will be involved in CNN International's General Election coverage on Friday morning as well. I'm assuming he will be reporting on it for CNN US too?
[-] The following 1 user Likes JACKLUFC1998's post:
  • interestednovice

(29-06-2024, 09:07 AM)excel99 Wrote:  The Press Release says that, the now updated schedules page for Friday doesn't. Richard and Isa to 5amUK on the Europe, Asia and Latin America feeds. Then five hours of CNN Newsroom with no 15 minute World Sports like usual. Concert on North America feed only (which will also take the final hour of CNN Newsroom at 9amUK/4amUK)
Still they are showing a promo of it during CNNI/Max simulcast of News Central in the form of a usual huuuge lower third
i.postimg.cc 

It is a CNNI/Max produced strap because on CNN/US the strap is diferent and features a countdown to the event.
i.postimg.cc 

Possibly, it's because July 4th will go out on Max, and CNNI will stick with the UK General Election coverage?
[-] The following 3 users Like oscillon's post:
  • EastCoast, interestednovice, Talkover

We're having a Paula Newton-a-thon this European primetime with this great broadcaster doing Amanpour, Isa Soares Tonight and Quest Means Business. Always sublime!

Meanwhile, it looks like CNN London set will be put to good use tonight/overnight as Quest gave us a small preview. Interesting the position of the desk is not in front of the big newswall as usual.

i.postimg.cc 

i.postimg.cc 

i.postimg.cc 

i.postimg.cc 

i.postimg.cc 
[-] The following 5 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • EastCoast, interestednovice, oscillon, sky303, TVFan

Using the smaller screen backdrop interestingly. Guess the big screen will be for a magic wall.

i.imgur.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like matthieu1221's post:
  • EastCoast, interestednovice

(04-07-2024, 09:57 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  Using the smaller screen backdrop interestingly. Guess the big screen will be for a magic wall.
They'll use it to show the results across all parties, it's another smaller wall adjacent to it where Anna Stewart does the numbers
i.postimg.cc 

i.postimg.cc 

Quest highlighted it in the QMB preview, see also ginnyfan's screens.

(04-07-2024, 09:16 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Interesting the position of the desk is not in front of the big newswall as usual.
They rotated the desk to this position for The (Global) Brief, and then Max Foster's 8am ET half-hour Newsroom and subsequent 8:30am World Sport.

Separately, North American feed of CNNI does not air UK Elections coverage, instead it has aired the final segment of the Lead and then TSR, so looks like it will have July 4 celebrations as well.
[-] The following 4 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bakamann, EastCoast, interestednovice, Talkover

A cool shot before the commercial break, with the camera panning from the control room to the studio.

It’s been a good moment for underutilized CNN spaces, with Studio H and London both having their time to shine less than 7 days apart.
[-] The following 4 users Like EastCoast's post:
  • ginnyfan, interestednovice, Johnnie, oscillon

(04-07-2024, 10:09 PM)oscillon Wrote:  They'll use it to show the results across all parties, it's another smaller wall adjacent to it where Anna Stewart does the numbers
i.postimg.cc 
i.postimg.cc 
Quest highlighted it in the QMB preview, see also ginnyfan's screens.

They rotated the desk to this position for The (Global) Brief, and then Max Foster's 8am ET half-hour Newsroom and subsequent 8:30am World Sport.

Separately, North American feed of CNNI does not air UK Elections coverage, instead it has aired the final segment of the Lead and then TSR, so looks like it will have July 4 celebrations as well.

Yep, for CNN Max to air the US 4th stuff to an interested targeted audience. If anyone in the US was interested in UK election they'll have to find a different means.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sky303's post:
  • interestednovice

Quest walked off set, giving us a good view of the immediate surroundings of the studio, into a sort of waiting room to interview one of the pollsters (from YouGov I believe).
[-] The following 3 users Like matthieu1221's post:
  • ginnyfan, interestednovice, oscillon