ITV Regional News Weekend Newsreader

Hey Guys. I’m just curious to know what main weekend newsreader you get across the ITV regions?

On UTV Live we get Aidan Browne or reporters like Judith Hill or Jordan Moates

Years ago in Scotland, often our weekend STV newsreader was Aasmah Mir (Times Radio/BBC Radio), Alan Fisher (GMTV/Al Jazeera), Nick Dixon (GMB) or John MacKay, when he first joined from BBC News.

I’ve no idea who currently holds the weekend shifts at STV.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamesWorldNews's post:
  • Superman1986

(13-08-2022, 10:13 AM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  Years ago in Scotland, often our weekend STV newsreader was Aasmah Mir (Times Radio/BBC Radio), Alan Fisher (GMTV/Al Jazeera), Nick Dixon (GMB) or John MacKay, when he first joined from BBC News.

I’ve no idea who currently holds the weekend shifts at STV.

It's a bit of a mix now after Sophie Wallace left STV a few months ago.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GMc's post:
  • Superman1986

London gets whoever is on ITV News network duty at weekends. Sometimes you get an ITV News reporter or correspondent or a regional presenter from another region who is down to cover that shift.

Meridian I think gets Rachel Hepworth on Sundays, but someone else on Saturdays, while Emily Knight is the weekend presenter at Anglia.

Granada seems to be a rotation of reporters covering weekends.
[-] The following 2 users Like London Lite's post:
  • KryptonITV, Superman1986

You're right about Granada Reports regarding the weekend as they have a rotation of news correspondents taking it in turns to be the newsreader (Tim Scott has yet to be a newsreader). Weekdays the show is normally hosted by Gamal Fahnbulleh and Lucy Meacock with Mike Hall as Sports Presenter, but they do have stand in presenters such as Rob Smith, Andy Bonner, Elaine Willcox, Victoria Grimes, Mel Barham and David Chisnall if one of them is ever off sick or are on leave.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KryptonITV's post:
  • Superman1986

Lee Comley usually presents weekend bulletins on ITV News Central. but Wesley Smith or Hannah Bechelet have done it

(14-08-2022, 11:50 PM)London Lite Wrote:  London gets whoever is on ITV News network duty at weekends. Sometimes you get an ITV News reporter or correspondent or a regional presenter from another region who is down to cover that shift.

London's always been a mixed bag, ever since ITN took over in 2004. Years ago, under LNN, Anna Maria Ashe used to do most weekends, and sometimes others would appear (even Alastair Stewart, on a couple of occasions!).
[-] The following 2 users Like Kojak's post:
  • DE88, London Lite

ITV News London really suffered from 2012 onward when they were moved into the main ITV News studio of Studio 1 and forced to share the one studio together.

For a national broadcaster like ITV to really cheapen this production of regional news was shameful. It meant a lot of ITV News London is pre-recorded and not live, so to ensure the ITV News is able to rehearse especially before the Evening News.
[-] The following 2 users Like JMT1985's post:
  • Scratch_Perry, Superman1986

(05-11-2022, 08:22 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  ITV News London really suffered from 2012 onward when they were moved into the main ITV News studio of Studio 1 and forced to share the one studio together.

For a national broadcaster like ITV to really cheapen this production of regional news was shameful. It meant a lot of ITV News London is pre-recorded and not live, so to ensure the ITV News is able to rehearse especially before the Evening News.

London is pre-rec from the weather forecast onwards during the 6. Other bulletins are fully live.

(07-11-2022, 08:43 PM)London Lite Wrote:  
(05-11-2022, 08:22 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  ITV News London really suffered from 2012 onward when they were moved into the main ITV News studio of Studio 1 and forced to share the one studio together.

London is pre-rec from the weather forecast onwards during the 6.  Other bulletins are fully live.

I visited ITN in 2017 and I got to see the main studio, Studio 1. 

Pure wall to wall green screen, with two desks facing each other, with ITV News London using the smaller desk. 

When I was there, the first 15 minutes was live, and the last 15 minutes was pre-recorded at 5.30pm. I was told this was to give Mary Nightingale and her team time to get into the studio, prepare for the bulletin and ensure a smooth and quick transition at 6.30pm. 

Maybe this has changed since I visited?
[-] The following 1 user Likes JMT1985's post:
  • London Lite