Thread Closed

BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger

(02-04-2023, 08:16 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  It’s so frustrating not knowing whether we’re gonna see Ben Brown, Annita McVeigh and Martine Croxall on screen this week, or if ever again!
Martine reckons she’s staying, doesn’t she? I’m sure she’s said on Twitter multiple times that she expects to still present from time to time.

I’m sure we will see those presenters from time to time, there’s no way they can rely on just 5 presenters day in day out.
[-] The following 2 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

twitter.com 
[-] The following 9 users Like Worzel's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, bkman1990, chrisherald, Kojak, oscillon, Quantum+83, RhysJR, UTVLifer

More transition period frenzy - Newsday is coming from a temporary clip studio today in Singapore:
[Image: b80fdfe91abcd509ae30f97d47c3d331-png.jpg]
[-] The following 5 users Like ALV's post:
  • bkman1990, CF1, chrisherald, oscillon, Quantum+83

(02-04-2023, 10:14 PM)Worzel Wrote:  twitter.com 
“yes .. new Identity from 09:00”

“though it is the softest of soft launches - not all the bells and whistles will be on display until a little later in the day”

Interesting. Not long now!
[-] The following 2 users Like thomalex's post:
  • chrisherald, Quantum+83

(02-04-2023, 11:02 PM)ALV Wrote:  More transition period frenzy - Newsday is coming from a temporary clip studio today in Singapore:
ABR is airing as usual from the studio. Strangely, they used the Newsday headline transition for ABR, and no ABR tag on-screen. Something happened in the studio that they could only move in after Newsday ended its first half-hour?
[-] The following 5 users Like InternationalDesk's post:
  • bkman1990, oscillon, Plutobug, Superman1986, UTVLifer

(02-04-2023, 08:03 PM)oscillon Wrote:  
(02-04-2023, 07:58 PM)bbctvtechop Wrote:  I don't think anyone has said *no* headlines?
@bbctvtechop, you yourself said it, although at the time it was assumed it was about the interim period. When it did not come to be in the interim month, a natural assumption followed that this related to a new channel, not to an interim.

(23-02-2023, 11:52 PM)bbctvtechop Wrote:  Headlines dropped with just a title sequence starting the show and into the top story within 30 seconds.

Apparently I did! That came directly from an email sent by management before piloting started.

I haven't been involved in the piloting for quite a few weeks now but in the early stages of pilots there was definitely a mini headline sequence (basically a one liner for the top three or four stories - essentially what you see on the News website - a few words to sum up the story - "Prominent Russian blogger killed in St Petersburg cafe bombing"). Aim was to be done with the headlines in 30 seconds or so and start reading the first cue by XX:00:30.

Whether that's changed in the course of piloting I don't know.

(02-04-2023, 11:58 PM)bbctvtechop Wrote:  
(02-04-2023, 08:03 PM)oscillon Wrote:  @bbctvtechop, you yourself said it, although at the time it was assumed it was about the interim period. When it did not come to be in the interim month, a natural assumption followed that this related to a new channel, not to an interim.

Apparently I did! That came directly from an email sent by management before piloting started.

I haven't been involved in the piloting for quite a few weeks now but in the early stages of pilots there was definitely a mini headline sequence (basically a one liner for the top three or four stories - essentially what you see on the News website - a few words to sum up the story - "Prominent Russian blogger killed in St Petersburg cafe bombing"). Aim was to be done with the headlines in 30 seconds or so and start reading the first cue by XX:00:30.

Whether that's changed in the course of piloting I don't know.
I like the sound of that. Old school headlines!
[-] The following 5 users Like Kojak's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, matthieu1221, Quantum+83, thePineapple

(02-04-2023, 11:02 PM)ALV Wrote:  More transition period frenzy - Newsday is coming from a temporary clip studio today in Singapore:

Due to tech issues in Singapore. twitter.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like EverythingFavs's post:
  • chrisherald, oscillon, Plutobug, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

RIP BBC World. The channel that got me into graphics/design and music when I was a misbehaved 13yo in 2003!
[-] The following 6 users Like damian's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Plutobug, Quantum+83, rikiless, UTVLifer
Thread Closed