Thread Closed

BBC News Channel/BBC World News Merger

(03-04-2023, 08:10 AM)ginnyfan Wrote:  www.youtube.com 

And he couldn’t even say bbc world news.

Just watching those final BBC World News headlines here in the UK is a stark reminder how difficult it's going to be for the BBC to please both international and domestic audiences with this merged channel.

Kinda sad that Lewis Vaughan Jones has been referencing the entire bulletin as "BBC News" for the very last WN only bulletin... The brand is already diluted right in front of our very eyes!
"You're watching BBC News"
"Do stay with us on BBC News"
"Welcome to BBC News"
[-] The following 6 users Like ALV's post:
  • AIB01WB, CF1, damian, Plutobug, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(03-04-2023, 08:20 AM)ALV Wrote:  Kinda sad that Lewis Vaughan Jones has been referencing the entire bulletin as "BBC News" for the very last WN only bulletin... The brand is already diluted right in front of our very eyes!
"You're watching BBC News"
"Do stay with us on BBC News"
"Welcome to BBC News"

And not going to lie, I’ve never even heard of him until now. (Don’t watch BBC World News as much as I used to)

BBC World News now showing new breakfillers using the chameleon design

And that marks the end of the final BBC World News bulletin.
[Image: 91c17c387a1fa62ac865e774315f14c3.png]
Goodbye BBC World News... A silent end to this 15 year brand~ A new era begins in 30 minutes. 

It's been an honor to be able to witness this momentous history with other fellow Pres Cafe members here, that no other single mortal outside this community would care about~  Heart I enjoyed reading every single speculation and hot takes here. The ecstasy and anticipation stirred up by our honorable and valuable insiders, such as @bbctvtechop, @deejay and The Clean Feed editors, is what makes the experience extra spicy and fun...
[-] The following 13 users Like ALV's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, bakamann, Charles, damian, ginnyfan, harshy, oscillon, Plutobug, Quantum+83, Rolling News, theTVfan74, UTVLifer

I was hoping it would be Karin, or some other legacy presenter who cared, that would do the final World News.

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • harshy, Rolling News

(03-04-2023, 07:44 AM)ginnyfan Wrote:  [Image: vlcsnap-00003.jpg]

www.youtube.com 

Noticed the big screen in C has a B-like background, a sign of things to come?
[-] The following 4 users Like W1ll's post:
  • harshy, Plutobug, Toby brown, UTVLifer

(03-04-2023, 08:30 AM)ginnyfan Wrote:  I was hoping it would be Karin, or some other legacy presenter who cared, that would do the final World News.

www.youtube.com 

If I were presenting knowing it was the last world news bulletin I’d have referred to the channel as it was and finished with “That was BBC World News goodbye.” This guy has triggered me haha
[-] The following 1 user Likes damian's post:
  • AJB39

(03-04-2023, 08:29 AM)bakamann Wrote:  BBC World News now showing new breakfillers using the chameleon design

With the soon to be gone bbc world news logo?
Thread Closed