The LBC Thread

Emily Maitlis & Jon Sopel's daily podcast, The News Agents for LBC Global starts on 30th August. 

www.theguardian.com 

I’m sure this podcast will appear high on the podcast charts, but if they’re discussing daily general news (rather than US news weekly), it’s clearly going to struggle to cut through when there are so many other podcasts/outlets doing the same stuff. I also feel their strong relationship would work better on a live programme (like a Jane Garvey/Peter Allen-type Drivetime), rather than a podcast.

When they signed there was also talk of an LBC show but no news of that yet.

I would prefer it to be a live programme, and with Eddie Mair recently departing there was an opening.

For the first time in a while I think LBC have a few weaker slots.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eyeTV's post:
  • Pips2022

Promo for 'The News Agents'

youtu.be 

Having Sopel, Maitlis and Goodall on LBC drive would have been a highlight and appointment to listen radio, but would they really want to hear what John the Cabbie has to say about the news?
[-] The following 2 users Like London Lite's post:
  • Kojak, Pips2022

Steve Allen has left LBC...

All those years and no on-air farewell.

twitter.com 

Former GB News host Colin Brazier and columnist Clare Foges are both joining the LBC lineup.
Colin is taking the 10pm-1am weekday slot & Clare will present a Saturday afternoon programme from 4-7pm
www.lbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes lepeterrr's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

Arguably a job that Brazier wouldn’t have got had he not had time GB News and gone straight from Sky. Which is interesting as I think many have suggested before that going to GB News from a Sky or BBC would be a final career move.

Interesting that Colin Brazier is going to LBC. With the exception of Swarbrick and Ferrari, most of the LBC presenters are left-of-centre. We'll see how this plays out.

(20-04-2023, 10:22 PM)KrazyKei Wrote:  Interesting that Colin Brazier is going to LBC. With the exception of Swarbrick and Ferrari, most of the LBC presenters are left-of-centre. We'll see how this plays out.
And Ian Dale.

The others are more middle of the road apart from James O'Brien.

LBC has always (since I've listened at least) had more presenters on the right.