BBC/ITV South West/Channel Islands News

Will be interesting to see if that revised closing theme debuts on Spotlight when it goes HD.
[-] The following 5 users Like MFTJA's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, Superman1986, TJTSW, UTVLifer

Aah nice full hd and animated astons so they are properly kitted out, old studio though ?

(13-02-2023, 02:39 PM)harshy Wrote:  Aah nice full hd and animated astons so they are properly kitted out, old studio though ?
They've had a fully HD studio/gallery since the 2015 refurbishment, complete with VizRT animated astons. It's just nice to finally see it all in HD instead of downscaled.

The studio set was designed for HD, so doesn't look shabby, even after nearly 8 years.   Tongue 
[Image: Glorious-HD.jpg]
[-] The following 7 users Like Stuart's post:
  • bkman1990, harshy, IanJRedman, JosiahStuart, Superman1986, TVFan, UTVLifer

(11-02-2023, 12:20 AM)London Lite Wrote:  Spotlight VT on the HD switch next week for Sky and Freesat.

youtu.be 

Is that the BBC HD channel logo I see there?? Why have they clunkily added it next to Reith?
[Image: u0f9sZ4.png]
[Image: BBC-HD_logo.png]

Lovely demonstration of VR used in the 'soft area' of the studio in Plymouth. I think this is the first time since they have been broadcasting in full native HD rather than downscaled.

They really don't need to downgrade this set to the standard NBH-B style regional package.

[Image: Spotlight-VR-01-03-23.jpg]
[-] The following 10 users Like Stuart's post:
  • bkman1990, chris, James, Jayesyn, Kojak, Steve in Pudsey, Stockland Hillman, Superman1986, TVFan, UTVLifer

(01-03-2023, 07:47 PM)Stuart Wrote:  Lovely demonstration of VR used in the 'soft area' of the studio in Plymouth. I think this is the first time since they have been broadcasting in full native HD rather than downscaled.

They really don't need to downgrade this set to the standard NBH-B style regional package.
That's giving me flashbacks to when Newsnight went throught that phase of overlaying various graphics (such as the Sistine Chapel) onto the soft area of Studio B - only the Plymouth team have done a much better and more seamless job of it. Indeed, that's probably one of the best examples of VR/AR by a regional team I've ever seen and better than quite a few attempts by the national teams!
[-] The following 5 users Like DTV's post:
  • bkman1990, chris, Stuart, Superman1986, UTVLifer

Here are five examples just in this evening's Spotlight programme as to why the set at Plymouth should not be downgraded to the 'NBH-B style flatpack from IKEA' . . .
[Image: Spot1.jpg]
[Image: Spot2.jpg]
[Image: Spot4.jpg]
[Image: Spot4a.jpg]
[Image: Spot5.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like Stuart's post:
  • chris, DTV, James, Jayesyn

They do use their space well and it's a real shame more regions didn't get sets in that style...

(03-03-2023, 09:18 PM)Stuart Wrote:  [Image: Spot4.jpg]

...but most impressive is the fact they've managed to get two different BBC Sport logos on there, neither of which are correct or indeed have ever been correct.
[-] The following 9 users Like DTV's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, bkman1990, chris, James, Jayesyn, LDN, London Lite, Stuart, UTVLifer

(03-03-2023, 09:28 PM)DTV Wrote:  They do use their space well and it's a real shame more regions didn't get sets in that style...

...but most impressive is the fact they've managed to get two different BBC Sport logos on there, neither of which are correct or indeed have ever been correct.
I think we can forgive a minor faux pas in view of the rest of their pres. Tongue
[-] The following 2 users Like Stuart's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

Kylie Pentelow back tonight on itv1
[-] The following 3 users Like Toby brown's post:
  • Former Member 406, London Lite, Superman1986