BBC/ITV South West/Channel Islands News

The Thursday evening 6.30pm Channel Island News was a full 30 minute programme due to Storm Ciaran. The programme ended with a montage of clips of the impact of the Storm on the Islands with the BBC News TOTH Countdown music bed used with the clips to play out the end of the programme. It worked rather well.
[-] The following 6 users Like MLehon's post:
  • RhysJR, Stuart, thePineapple, TJTSW, Toby brown, UTVLifer

I haven't watched BBC Breakfast for a few weeks, but today I noticed that after Spotlight had a play with using the 'blue ball logo', they went to just using the red evening title animation.

They've now reverted to the older Breakfast orange title card.

[-] The following 3 users Like Stuart's post:
  • interestednovice, Superman1986, TJTSW

Plymouth are having a go this week with yet another different graphic for the Breakfast bulletins.

I'm beginning to suspect that there is some sort of competition going on in the office as to who can come up with the best one.  Angel

[-] The following 5 users Like Stuart's post:
  • James, LDN, Superman1986, TJTSW, UTVLifer

(20-11-2023, 09:40 AM)Stuart Wrote:  Plymouth are having a go this week with yet another different graphic for the Breakfast bulletins.

I'm beginning to suspect that there is some sort of competition going on in the office as to who can come up with the best one.  Angel

I think most regions started using that style for Breakfast bulletins a couple of weeks ago. Plymouth obviously got a bit confused.

Yes, I think that's the "correct" style. Matches what South Today are using on their new tower.
[-] The following 1 user Likes IanJRedman's post:
  • TJTSW

Has the ITV Guernsey studio with the current set been used for anything other than this years Island Games?
[-] The following 1 user Likes TVHead's post:
  • Superman1986

I thought Kylie Pentelow was heading to Points West?

She’s currently doing a stint on the BBC News World feed.

(30-11-2023, 08:17 AM)Gary McEwan Wrote:  I thought Kylie Pentelow was heading to Points West?

She’s currently doing a stint on the BBC News World feed.

I don't think it was ever said she was joining Points West, maybe you're thinking of Alex Lovell from BBC Points West moving to ITV West Country?

Kylie has appeared on the BBC News channel before, her first appearance being in October. Not sure whether she's joined the BBC or whether she's freelancing.
[-] The following 3 users Like James's post:
  • interestednovice, Superman1986, UTVLifer

Points West’s new set launches tomorrow evening according to Amanda Parr on tonight’s late bulletin
[-] The following 4 users Like Superman1986's post:
  • interestednovice, Spencer, Stuart, UTVLifer

(06-12-2023, 12:36 AM)Superman1986 Wrote:  Points West’s new set launches tomorrow evening according to Amanda Parr on tonight’s late bulletin
Indeed, they were still in the 'travelling set' at lunchtime.

I suspect this will be the last reveal this year, and there will be a hiatus until late January before the next one starts. I don't even know how many English regions are still left. Certainly Salford and Plymouth.
[-] The following 2 users Like Stuart's post:
  • interestednovice, Superman1986