BBC/ITV South West/Channel Islands News

NE&C is likely to be the first 2024 launch of the new set.
[-] The following 3 users Like London Lite's post:
  • interestednovice, Stuart, UTVLifer

(06-12-2023, 04:14 PM)Stuart Wrote:  Indeed, they were still in the 'travelling set' at lunchtime.

I suspect this will be the last reveal this year, and there will be a hiatus until late January before the next one starts. I don't even know how many English regions are still left. Certainly Salford and Plymouth.
Salford, Plymouth & Norwich, Newcastle and St Helier are in temporary sets
[-] The following 1 user Likes Superman1986's post:
  • interestednovice

(06-12-2023, 04:14 PM)Stuart Wrote:  Indeed, they were still in the 'travelling set' at lunchtime.

I suspect this will be the last reveal this year, and there will be a hiatus until late January before the next one starts. I don't even know how many English regions are still left. Certainly Salford and Plymouth.

Norwich as well - they've had the tech upgrade set hasn't started yet
[-] The following 3 users Like m_in_m's post:
  • interestednovice, UTVLifer, watchingtv

Plymouth have their usual nice tree behind the desk, but also now have one of those 'toilet brushes' next to one of the screens.

It was falling over on it's first appearance on screen Tongue

[-] The following 6 users Like Stuart's post:
  • AaronLancs, interestednovice, James, lookoutwales, TJTSW, UTVLifer

(11-12-2023, 09:13 PM)Stuart Wrote:  Plymouth have their usual nice tree behind the desk, but also now have one of those 'toilet brushes' next to one of the screens.

How big is that gap behind that red balustrade? That green tree is huge. The 'toilet brush' on the other hand leaves something to be desired.
[-] The following 2 users Like AaronLancs's post:
  • interestednovice, Stuart

(11-12-2023, 09:13 PM)Stuart Wrote:  Plymouth have their usual nice tree behind the desk, but also now have one of those 'toilet brushes' next to one of the screens.

Crikey those white Christmas trees are quite something, especially when placed on a dodgy-looking wooden platform with rollers…!

You’ve got to admire Spotlight going rogue and having both - the green looks infinitely better IMO.
[-] The following 5 users Like AaronTV's post:
  • interestednovice, Jayesyn, Stuart, TJTSW, Will

(12-12-2023, 07:22 AM)AaronLancs Wrote:  How big is that gap behind that red balustrade? That green tree is huge. The 'toilet brush' on the other hand leaves something to be desired.
I think that the gap is fairly wide to allow for the different camera angles of the background, with the presenter simply having to rotate their chair towards different cameras.

However, for many years I've suspected that it's an artificial green Christmas tree, and they could have just taken a chain saw to the back of it to make it narrower without affecting the way it appears from the front. After all, it is TV. Tongue

Someone from BBC Plymouth may be able to tell us. Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Stuart's post:
  • AaronLancs, interestednovice, UTVLifer

The white tree didnt make an apperence tonight so I guess they arent happy with it, and they took the micky out of it last night so i guess it will get wheeled out now and again when they have too,
[-] The following 4 users Like TJTSW's post:
  • interestednovice, James, Stuart, ViridianFan

I’m sorry but those white trees are awful. Whoever picked them needs slapping with them.

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 
[-] The following 6 users Like ViridianFan's post:
  • interestednovice, James, MLehon, Spencer, Stuart, TJTSW

Agreed, they have the right idea in Plymouth sticking with their old tree.

Why didn’t they just go with green trees, similar to the ones in NBH, for the regions?
[-] The following 2 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • Stuart, TJTSW