BBC/ITV South West/Channel Islands News

(13-12-2023, 01:36 AM)ViridianFan Wrote:  I’m sorry but those white trees are awful. Whoever picked them needs slapping with them.

His recent tweets would suggest it was Russell Sheath, who’s in charge of the rollout of the regional set refresh.

And by coincidence, he’s in Plymouth today, which can only mean one thing. (Brace yourself, Stuart!)

x.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like Spencer's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Stuart, UTVLifer

(13-12-2023, 09:43 AM)Spencer Wrote:  His recent tweets would suggest it was Russell Sheath, who’s in charge of the rollout of the regional set refresh.

And by coincidence, he’s in Plymouth today, which can only mean one thing. (Brace yourself, Stuart!)

x.com 

It seems wrong to take that set apart as it really is lovely. We are still in 2008 set wise here in Norwich. Would have thought that thwyd have been one of the firsts

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 
[-] The following 6 users Like ViridianFan's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Jayesyn, Stuart, Superman1986, Will

(13-12-2023, 09:43 AM)Spencer Wrote:  And by coincidence, he’s in Plymouth today, which can only mean one thing.

No... we're not ready for the IKEA set yet!

Hopefully he just popped down to personally deliver the new tree. Wink
[-] The following 9 users Like James's post:
  • bkman1990, fusionlad, interestednovice, Jayesyn, Stuart, Superman1986, TJTSW, UTVLifer, Will

(13-12-2023, 12:55 PM)ViridianFan Wrote:  It seems wrong to take that set apart as it really is lovely. We are still in 2008 set wise here in Norwich. Would have thought that thwyd have been one of the firsts

Norwich is going to have all the odd parts left over from other projects. I still do not understand what has happened to the Cambridge set and why that hasn't been used in a cost effective way.
[-] The following 3 users Like watchingtv's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Superman1986

(13-12-2023, 09:43 AM)Spencer Wrote:  His recent tweets would suggest it was Russell Sheath, who’s in charge of the rollout of the regional set refresh.

x.com 
Spencer, I am resigned to the inevitability of the downgrade. I just hope that Plymouth will be left until last. Perhaps in 2030 Tongue
[-] The following 5 users Like Stuart's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, James, Spencer, TJTSW

(13-12-2023, 06:05 PM)watchingtv Wrote:  Norwich is going to have all the odd parts left over from other projects. I still do not understand what has happened to the Cambridge set and why that hasn't been used in a cost effective way.

The Cambridge set isn't the future so they'd be moving it only to replace it again. Norwich has had the tech upgrade so the set changes are just a matter of time.
[-] The following 4 users Like m_in_m's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Stuart, Superman1986

Alex Lovell's first West Country bulletin is Tuesday at 6pm.
[-] The following 2 users Like London Lite's post:
  • interestednovice, Superman1986

How long has BBC CI been in its temporary set, must be coming up on a year (they are getting a new set as the photography has been done for the backing). I assume as it's a very small studio they're having to find a way of downsizing it to fit?

(05-01-2024, 10:21 AM)Mike Wrote:  How long has BBC CI been in its temporary set, must be coming up on a year (they are getting a new set as the photography has been done for the backing). I assume as it's a very small studio they're having to find a way of downsizing it to fit?
11 months tomorrow. I believe the suggestion is that the studio is being extended (hence the longer temporary situation), but I can't see how they'd find room for a studio the size of other regions, so must still be getting a truncated version of the set in some form.
[-] The following 5 users Like DTV's post:
  • interestednovice, Stuart, Superman1986, Toby brown, UTVLifer

A new unexpected face doing the ITV Channel Islands weather today, Nick Miller who used to do the BBC weather for a while
[-] The following 3 users Like Superman1986's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, MLehon