BBC/ITV South West/Channel Islands News

I think it’s safe to assume there won’t be any changes to the Channel Islands set anytime soon…

twitter.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like MFTJA's post:
  • Stuart, Superman1986, UTVLifer

Interesting to see that Robert Hall is presenting BBC Channel Islands News tonight, on the day of a Vote of No Confidence in Jersey's Chief Minister, a debate that is still ongoing in the States of Jersey as I type this. I wonder if it will be extended and whether the vote will take place whilst they're on air.
[-] The following 2 users Like cityprod's post:
  • lookoutwales, Superman1986

(16-01-2024, 07:21 PM)cityprod Wrote:  Interesting to see that Robert Hall is presenting BBC Channel Islands News tonight, on the day of a Vote of No Confidence in Jersey's Chief Minister, a debate that is still ongoing in the States of Jersey as I type this. I wonder if it will be extended and whether the vote will take place whilst they're on air.

The Chief Minister in question being Kristina Moore, former Channel Report presenter - things have gone pretty badly for her since taking office, to say the least.

Robert's been a producer for BBC Channel Islands for a few years now - I believe he got his start at Channel Television.

The Channel Islands was presenting Spotlight yesterday lunchtime:

x.com 
[-] The following 13 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, fusionlad, James, Kendal87, lookoutwales, MLehon, Rolling News, Si-Co, Stuart, Superman1986, TJTSW, UTVLifer

And she's gone.

Kristina Moore has been ousted as Jersey's Chief Minister after eighteen months.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • Superman1986

(16-01-2024, 07:26 PM)lookoutwales Wrote:  The Chief Minister in question being Kristina Moore, former Channel Report presenter - things have gone pretty badly for her since taking office, to say the least.

Robert's been a producer for BBC Channel Islands for a few years now - I believe he got his start at Channel Television.

The Jersey Government has had more than its fair share of local media presenters in the last few years as politicians. Russell Labey, the previous long-term presenter of Spotlight, Peter Mac and Murray Norton, local radio presenters, to name a few. There are also a number of ex presenters in high up Communications roles. it's always seemed a bit bizarre to me that local media journalists/presenters are so eager to get into government, as there's surely all kind of issues, especially in such a small community, with politicians and journalists being too friendly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mr-Stabby's post:
  • lookoutwales

Blue-place favourite Kevin Pamplin was a deputy until he lost his seat in 2022 - he’s pretty much withdrawn from public life by the looks of it (I think some unsavoury allegations emerged while he was in office)

Russell Labey was housing minister for a time - he was also voted out at the last election (though he’s still quite active on socials)

I wouldn’t be surprised if at least one of the current crop at Channel makes their own stab at States politics someday.

But perhaps the biggest question of all - I wonder how Moore’s old mate Patrick Muirhead is reacting to her downfall? 😉
[-] The following 2 users Like lookoutwales's post:
  • Kendal87, Superman1986

(16-01-2024, 10:03 PM)lookoutwales Wrote:  But perhaps the biggest question of all - I wonder how Moore’s old mate Patrick Muirhead is reacting to her downfall? 😉

A lot has obviously happened since he compared her to an old fireplace
[-] The following 3 users Like Andrew's post:
  • Critique, Kendal87, lookoutwales

Unbelievable to think that remark was 20 years ago!

Former ITV Channel Television weather presenter Shireen Jordan has joined BBC South West. I wondered why Channel had Chris Page, Philippa Drew & James Wright lately