BBC/ITV South West/Channel Islands News

(20-06-2023, 11:11 PM)London Lite Wrote:  The South West (West Country West) edition had a live from Glastonbury during the main bulletin despite it being clearly in the old HTV West editorial area.

It's actually not that unusual,  many houses on the West Side of the town and towards Yeovil look to South West for TV, The A361 past the Abby has Mendip shadow and Stockland Hill line of sight,  indeed  right up as far as Cheddar/Axbridge uses SW TV as the mendip hills shadow.

Definitely editorially justified
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stockland Hillman's post:
  • London Lite

westcountry news is more centred to bristol base news, every time i tune in its alwys pre recorded (devon& Cornwall) i tune in random times but each time i do watch its pre recorded,they cant even be bothered to put regional news on itvx at least Spolight is live, although ive noticed that has more prerecorded inserts latley
[-] The following 2 users Like TJTSW's post:
  • Stuart, Superman1986

Pan-regional main bulletin on ITV News West Country on Friday from Glastonbury.
[-] The following 3 users Like London Lite's post:
  • AndrewP, Superman1986, TJTSW

just watched both on the ITV Website, an easy day for the West Country News Team

Yesterday, saw a report on Spotlight from up and coming reporter Archie Farmer. I didn't even realise how young he was until he came on screen. Just 20 years old. Looks like he's done quite a bit in the background for a while.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like fusionlad's post:
  • Quantum+83, TJTSW

They're shooting a set backing for the Channel Islands. Seems to further support that they're getting the LED set.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 11 users Like IanJRedman's post:
  • AaronLancs, AndrewP, bkman1990, Former Member 406, harshy, James, London Lite, oscillon, Stuart, Superman1986, UTVLifer

Channel have been doing their usual extensive coverage of the Island Games, taking place in Guernsey - usually confined to their news programmes and Facebook Lives, but this year, there's also been a nightly 'Today at the Games' show at 10.45pm.

www.itv.com 

Think they're presenting it from the Guernsey studio? (in the past, they've managed to fit in at least a mini-version of the set being used in Jersey)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 2 users Like lookoutwales's post:
  • RhysJR, Spencer

(13-07-2023, 11:11 PM)lookoutwales Wrote:  Channel have been doing their usual extensive coverage of the Island Games, taking place in Guernsey - usually confined to their news programmes and Facebook Lives, but this year, there's also been a nightly 'Today at the Games' show at 10.45pm.

www.itv.com 

Think they're presenting it from the Guernsey studio? (in the past, they've managed to fit in at least a mini-version of the set being used in Jersey)
Interesting to see a different variant of the generic ITV news style studio.

Although I’m surprised those lights don’t have ‘Mind Your Head’ warnings on them. It makes the old BBC Breakfast studio look like the Royal Albert Hall in terms of height.
[-] The following 2 users Like Spencer's post:
  • lookoutwales, Stuart

Two different line-ups on West Country this evening.

Kylie and Sabet were live from Ashton Court covering the Bristol Balloon Fiesta, while the South West had a pre-recorded bulletin from the studio with Eli-Louise Wringe and Louisa Britton.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • Superman1986

Kylie Pentelow is leaving ITV News West Country after 10 years according to her Instagram
[-] The following 1 user Likes Superman1986's post:
  • UTVLifer