Mrs Brown's Boys

A four episode mini-series has been commissioned for next year.   My guess is they'll book Pacific Quay for around Easter which was the initial plan for this year but was cancelled.

www.tvzoneuk.com 

Interesting to see that they aren't running down the clock (any more, at least). And I suppose it freshens up the repeat runs a bit too

MBB Series 4 launches on Friday September 8th. I'll assume it'll be 9.30 after HIGNFY?

When you thought it was all over. I never found this at all funny, I enjoy fourth wall breaking in sitcoms when it's done right but the fourth wall breaking in this show seems planned and scripted from what i've seen.

(24-08-2023, 11:27 PM)JasonB Wrote:  When you thought it was all over. I never found this at all funny, I enjoy fourth wall breaking in sitcoms when it's done right but the fourth wall breaking in this show seems planned and scripted from what i've seen.

It probably is planned and scripted, all that fourth wall stuff.
I think what you probably mean is the wandering off set, the interacting with the cameras and the "behind the scenes" stuff - that's probably more along the lines of breaking the suspension of disbelief.

Corpsing and screwing up your line is almost certainly unscripted, but that tends to be left in these days to an extent.

It worked better in it's early years as a series than it's latter years as two annual specials which have proven to be more irremovable from the Christmas schedules than the Queens Speech.

If a series was a way of getting out of doing the Christmas specials it wouldn't be a bad move - gives them the chance to do a bit more than the specials allow. However I believe they're still locked in to the specials for a few more years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • iloveTV1

(25-08-2023, 10:21 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  It worked better in it's early years as a series than it's latter years as two annual specials which have proven to be more irremovable from the Christmas schedules than the Queens Speech. 

To be fair that has now been removed.
[-] The following 11 users Like all new phil's post:
  • bkman1990, IanJRedman, iloveTV1, JamesWorldNews, Jon, London Lite, LouBlu08, RhysJR, Stuart, thomash79, TVFan

MBB will have a new set this year. The kitchen and living room have been rebuilt and redecorated.
[-] The following 2 users Like ScottishTVGuy's post:
  • bkman1990, London Lite

(25-08-2023, 05:49 PM)ScottishTVGuy Wrote:  MBB will have a new set this year. The kitchen and living room have been rebuilt and redecorated.

Wasn't it only changed last year? I remember those two areas being awful.

As someone who really did enjoy it in its heyday, I've found the last few specials to be really poor. To see it come back for a full series with relatively little fanfare is very strange to see, IMO. I'll be watching out of morbid curiosity, honestly.
[-] The following 3 users Like Larry the Loafer's post:
  • IanJRedman, JMT1985, London Lite