Trace Music Channels Pres

(14-12-2023, 04:35 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Sabrina will be owned entirely by Paramount, as it was Viacom who made it, I don't think what network it was on has anything to do with who owns the rights.
Not entirely. It's based on a comic book, so Archie Comics must have a stake. Paramount would be in control of distribution though.

(14-12-2023, 12:35 PM)WillPS Wrote:  Sabrina hasn't been seen in yonks, I think perhaps not since the channel became Trace Vault, last time I saw that was on 4music/E4 Extra. Clarissa also hasn't been seen in many months, perhaps longer. The main 'classic' TV output recently has been Power Rangers, Kenan & Kel and The Simple Life.
Power Rangers is no real loss, since it's already on both Netflix and Youtube (between the two the show's entire archive is available, Mighty Morphin which Trace Vault was airing is on both).

(14-12-2023, 11:18 AM)BlueFrog Wrote:  Trace Vault as of 9:59am has ceased broadcasting. The graphics went off during High School Musical's 'We're All in This Together' and now it is frozen. A technical fault slide popped up for a few seconds or so before it went back to the freeze-frame.

Probably the most random song to end the channel on, like, out of everything you could have picked.

(14-12-2023, 06:04 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Not entirely. It's based on a comic book, so Archie Comics must have a stake. Paramount would be in control of distribution though.

Sabrina was produced by Hartbreak Films (Melissa's production company) with Viacom.

Finishing The Hat (which was Nell Scovell's company) produced the show for the 1st season.

Archie get credited at the beginning.

Something I noticed in the last few weeks is the very repetitive Hasbro Pulse sponsorship disappeared - I presume the Power Rangers syndication must have come with that string attached.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com

(14-12-2023, 11:18 AM)BlueFrog Wrote:  Trace Vault as of 9:59am has ceased broadcasting. The graphics went off during High School Musical's 'We're All in This Together' and now it is frozen. A technical fault slide popped up for a few seconds or so before it went back to the freeze-frame.

Thank you for the upload too:
www.youtube.com 

End of an era for the CSC channels.

chatps.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes WillPS's post:
  • insert_good_username_here

I don’t really understand why they would freeze, switch to fault slide saying they’ll be back then seconds later switch back to freeze frame and then stay on it?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bennyboy84's post:
  • insert_good_username_here

(15-12-2023, 10:24 AM)Bennyboy84 Wrote:  I don’t really understand why they would freeze, switch to fault slide saying they’ll be back then seconds later switch back to freeze frame and then stay on it?
It's not that hard

Automated system, no one watching at that time (except for us "nerds"), no one caring, and maybe there even were contractual reasons (e.g. leaving the playout in time), which explain the glitch.

Would've made more sense to end on an ident playout then fade to black. You wouldn't notice if it froze on a black screen!

(15-12-2023, 12:28 PM)Kunst Wrote:  It's not that hard

Automated system, no one watching at that time (except for us "nerds"), no one caring, and maybe there even were contractual reasons (e.g. leaving the playout in time), which explain the glitch.

I think the easiest explanation is there's not really any risk. It's not like there's anywhere else they can signpoint people who might happen to watch; none of their output on Samsung TV Plus or Channelbox would be of any interest to someone watching Vanessa Hudgens Birthday Beats or tuning in for any of Vault's other output.

chatps.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes WillPS's post:
  • Kunst