Newsroom Movers and Shakers

I think it’s being announced tomorrow where Gareth Barlow is moving to. He mentioned in an Instagram story a press release is scheduled. He’s also said he gets weekends off. I guess Sky is most likely. Could well imagine him getting something high profile.

(06-01-2024, 10:02 PM)all new phil Wrote:  I think it’s being announced tomorrow where Gareth Barlow is moving to. He mentioned in an Instagram story a press release is scheduled. He’s also said he gets weekends off. I guess Sky is most likely. Could well imagine him getting something high profile.

Sounds like Good Morning Britain to me.

(06-01-2024, 10:02 PM)all new phil Wrote:  I think it’s being announced tomorrow where Gareth Barlow is moving to. He mentioned in an Instagram story a press release is scheduled. He’s also said he gets weekends off. I guess Sky is most likely. Could well imagine him getting something high profile.

While Sky is possible, I'm not sure where there are gaps in the midweek schedule - unless it is on the rundown.
Another option is CNN. I know they have been trimming rather than adding shows recently, but he definitely has the CNN look they seem to like in the British presenters.
There are of course plenty of other channels with London studios as well as several radio stations.
[-] The following 1 user Likes newsjunkie's post:
  • UTVLifer

Is this guy ''big'' enough to get any sort of gigs like those? I've only learned of him recently since I've barely seen him on World, he seems to have done overnights mostly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ginnyfan's post:
  • Rolling News

Whatever his new role will be, based on the press release, I can imagine it coincides with something larger for whichever channel. Is it commonplace to do press releases for every hire? Unless it coincides with a wider initiative?

The sun is reporting Gareth Barlow is joining Sky News Breakfast

www.thesun.co.uk 
[-] The following 3 users Like Mjb's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, Michael 18

Quote:But the commercial broadcaster has now announced major changes to the early programme as it aims to compete with the likes of BBC Breakfast, Good Morning Britain and Talk Today on TalkTV.
A bit of self deprecating humour there.

(06-01-2024, 11:58 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Is this guy ''big'' enough to get any sort of gigs like those? I've only learned of him recently since I've barely seen him on World, he seems to have done overnights mostly.

The role he's reportedly been given I think is perfect for someone who isn't *completely* unknown, and whose profile will over time get bigger and bigger with the slot he's been given.
[-] The following 3 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, ginnyfan

Sky News have just put out a trailer with the new Breakfast line-up.

Jeremy Vine told viewers on Channel 5 this morning that Mike Embley is making an appearance with Storm Huntley at 11:15am today.

Has Mike Embley, who used to do the 2am to 5am slot on BBC World News, been on Channel 5 before?
[-] The following 2 users Like bkman1990's post:
  • interestednovice, Roger Darthwell