Newsroom Movers and Shakers

Jessica Parker has moved to Washington.

twitter.com 

(14-04-2023, 01:40 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Jessica Parker has moved to Washington.

twitter.com 
I noticed that the other day.

Nick Buckley moving from BBC News to Sky News.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like W1ll's post:
  • chrisherald, watchingtv

www.rte.ie 

Catriona Perry leaving RTE Six One News for the BBC as chief Washington presenter
[-] The following 3 users Like Crowe24's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, Reith85

(04-05-2023, 03:47 PM)Crowe24 Wrote:  www.rte.ie 

Catriona Perry leaving RTE Six One News for the BBC as chief Washington presenter

www.bbc.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • AJB39, Reith85

(04-05-2023, 05:44 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(04-05-2023, 03:47 PM)Crowe24 Wrote:  www.rte.ie 

www.bbc.com 
I know we're supposed to all cheer on this new combined news channel (as apparently news channels are dead and podcasts are the way forward) but it just leaves me cold that so many people are being let go in London, only for people in Washington (a city in a country with much higher salaries) to be hired in their stead. Catriona is an excellent hire and I am really pleased for her, but it seems a bit off for the British Broadcasting Corporation to be sacking British roles and hiring in America instead.
[-] The following 9 users Like Kojak's post:
  • BBI45, bkman1990, Brekkie, Lester, MLehon, Newsroom, Roger Darthwell, Rolling News, Universal_r

Kojak Wrote:
Newsroom Wrote:www.bbc.com 
I know we're supposed to all cheer on this new combined news channel (as apparently news channels are dead and podcasts are the way forward) but it just leaves me cold that so many people are being let go in London, only for people in Washington (a city in a country with much higher salaries) to be hired in their stead. Catriona is an excellent hire and I am really pleased for her, but it seems a bit off for the British Broadcasting Corporation to be sacking British roles and hiring in America instead.
Well said, and I'm sure won't go unnoticed at the next culture netting. 

I've nothing negative to say about anyone, but I am so displeased with how the BBC have operated.
[-] The following 6 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, Kojak, MLehon, Roger Darthwell, Rolling News

(04-05-2023, 06:18 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(04-05-2023, 05:44 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  www.bbc.com 
 I couldn’t agree more. I posted in the other thread an interview in which it states that the BBC is using licence fee money to hire American lead presenters. I’m sorry but that’s wrong in my opinion. I cannot see how it can be justified.

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ViridianFan's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

Several posts removed. Please remain civil.

With cinnamon, never chocolate
[-] The following 2 users Like Cappuccino's post:
  • Frances, Roger Darthwell

Razia Iqbal to leave BBC News, after serving the corporation for 30 years.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamesWorldNews's post:
  • Roger Darthwell