Newsroom Movers and Shakers

Karishma Vaswani's leaving the BBC. She's always been excellent from Singapore.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 9 users Like Worzel's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, bkman1990, Frances, Kojak, Newsroom, Quantum+83, RhysJR, UTVLifer

(10-05-2023, 08:07 AM)Worzel Wrote:  Karishma Vaswani's leaving the BBC. She's always been excellent from Singapore.

twitter.com 

The exodus continues. Sounds like she's walked away and leaving on her own terms. Good for her! 

One wonders whether Mariko Oi will take the position or if the BBC will look to make more cuts. I'm hoping it's Mariko.
[-] The following 3 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, Kojak, UTVLifer

(10-05-2023, 08:32 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(10-05-2023, 08:07 AM)Worzel Wrote:  Karishma Vaswani's leaving the BBC. She's always been excellent from Singapore.

twitter.com 

The exodus continues. Sounds like she's walked away and leaving on her own terms. Good for her! 

One wonders whether Mariko Oi will take the position or of the BBC will look to make more cuts. I'm hoping it's Mariko. 
It's

Katy Searle's also leaving.

twitter.com 

(10-05-2023, 08:32 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  

twitter.com 

One wonders whether Mariko Oi will take the position or if the BBC will look to make more cuts. I'm hoping it's Mariko.
I find it very hard to see anyone other than Mariko getting the job. Unless (and this is a LONG shot) someone from London is willing to transfer?
[-] The following 6 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bkman1990, Frances, London Lite, Newsroom, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

twitter.com 

I’ll be sad to see her go. I really liked her presenting style.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AJB39's post:
  • GMc

That's a shame. She made Newsday a watchable slot again.

Not sure who I want to see take over. None of the current Singapore people are among my favorites. Someone new is needed.
[-] The following 3 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, UTVLifer

Sad to hear Karishma is leaving. She was always one of my favourite presenters and correspondents, back to IBR and also her stint in Jakarta.

Mariko is a logical replacement but Monica Millar is also highly capable. Either/or would be great in the role.

Best wishes, Karishma!
[-] The following 2 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • AJB39, GMc

Also a small chance of Katie Silver getting the Newsday gig, but I think Mariko has done enough cover shifts to warrant the job.

Nuala McGovern moves back to radio news and will be presenting senior news programmes on both Radio 4 and World Service

twitter.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990

Ken Rosato, morning news anchor on WABC-TV New York for over a decade, was fired immediately as his slur directed to his fellow female anchor was picked up by the mic:
pagesix.com 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt