Thread Closed

This Morning

(19-09-2022, 04:37 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  But if the story about them filming a segment is correct, surely it means they were there on the orders of producers/ITV?

Would be pretty poor form to sack them for that reason.

Literally said I don’t think they’ll be sacked over that.

(19-09-2022, 05:07 PM)all new phil Wrote:  
(19-09-2022, 04:37 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  But if the story about them filming a segment is correct, surely it means they were there on the orders of producers/ITV?

Well I hope they will be, Holly is simply the worst presenter that This Morning has ever had

I've always wondered if Phillip & Holly are actually as popular as we're led to believe they are. The notion that they're this nationally beloved duo has always felt a little forced and manufactured. On the shows social media accounts Eamon & Ruth always seemed more popular and since they were ousted this backlash to P&H only seems to be growing.

(19-09-2022, 05:55 PM)BBCMeridian Wrote:  
(19-09-2022, 05:07 PM)all new phil Wrote:  

Well I hope they will be, Holly is simply the worst presenter that This Morning has ever had

She objectively is not the worst presenter they have ever had. Stop saying silly things.

(19-09-2022, 06:46 PM)Kim Wexler’s Ponytail Wrote:  I've always wondered if Phillip & Holly are actually as popular as we're led to believe they are. The notion that they're this nationally beloved duo has always felt a little forced and manufactured. On the shows social media accounts Eamon & Ruth always seemed more popular and since they were ousted this backlash to P&H only seems to be growing.

I think they were. Strangely I feel like Schofield’s coming out was the turning point and ever since the dislike has grown. Maybe that was just a coincidence but I’d say it’s a pretty recent thing.

There was a perception of unfair and unbalanced conduct with Jeremy Corbyn and Boris Johnson in late 2019, too, which gets dragged up on Twitter to this day as 'evidence' of Philip and Holly's unsuitability as presenters. Ultimately, daytime TV presenters are meant to seem like your friend, a comforting presence to welcome into your home to keep you company. For a lot of people, for a few reasons, there's been a building feeling that they're not your friend, they think they're above you, they can't relate to you, and that's really not good for ITV.
[-] The following 4 users Like DavidWhitfield's post:
  • chevron, GMc, Josh, Kojak

Twitter has lost its mind though as they seriously think that Phil himself came up with the ‘energy bills’ prize and then Phil himself decided to push in the queue

Whether or not it’s the beginning of the end I don’t know, bear in mind many on social media like nothing better than a pile on, especially taking down such a big name. None of these people watch This Morning in the first place so they won’t be watching anymore but never did anyway

Ans Holly is the golden girl of television, the BBC are increasing using her, in my opinion could be seen as trying to give her so much work to make her permanently move over, and of course her husband is behind many different programmes on TV.

My opinion is it will all die down just like when Lorraine had that so called tax scandal.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • Ma76

Phil & Holly attend meetings for the up coming shows so they know what they will be doing before they film it, so surely either or both of the presenters must know how their viewers will react to certain things?! If they don’t then they clearly don’t not who they are presenting too, however, the odd time I watch it just seems to be full of stupid stories for social media views & Laughs sadly, like GMB were like when Piers was presenting.

I think it’s almost time for them to go, maybe new year new look and new presenting pair,

(19-09-2022, 06:59 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Twitter has lost its mind though as they seriously think that Phil himself came up with the ‘energy bills’ prize and then Phil himself decided to push in the queue

Whether or not it’s the beginning of the end I don’t know, bear in mind many on social media like nothing better than a pile on, especially taking down such a big name. None of these people watch This Morning in the first place so they won’t be watching anymore but never did anyway

Ans Holly is the golden girl of television, the BBC are increasing using her, in my opinion could be seen as trying to give her so much work to make her permanently move over, and of course her husband is behind many different programmes on TV.

My opinion is it will all die down just like when Lorraine had that so called tax scandal.

I do think it is a bit of a pile on regarding the queue cutting. All this talk of 'crisis talks' about wether the segment will air is pure clickbait from the papers. Also, surely we should see why they were there. Context is everything. Regarding the 'energy bills' spin to win bit, Phil didn't help himself the next day when he said 'I wonder if they will find anything to complain about today' or something along those lines. I have wondered why they didn't use Phil at all today consider the last few Royal events he was used, including the Duke of Edinburgh's death. Like him or loathe him, he is a good broadcaster.

He is a good broadcaster, one of the best actually. They’re both really good at what they do but when the audience are done with you they’re done and I think with This Morning, people are over P&H, maybe? I’m not sure it is just “twitter being twitter”. They love it when twitter reacts positively to stuff they do, like the excellent mens mental health campaign they ran for example.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kim Wexler’s Ponytail's post:
  • all new phil

She’s the worst ever presenter? Absolutely! We both agree!

Best wishes.
Twiggy Lawson and Coleen Nolan
[-] The following 4 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • all new phil, GMc, Isonstine, WhisperOfCinnamon
Thread Closed