HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage

(08-09-2022, 01:05 PM)ALV Wrote:  The NC dropped the title sequence for the NaO… basically they just faded into Ben Brown in studio E and continued with rolling coverage with the breaking lower third graphics… on BBC One they are taking the network TX rather than the NC output so there’s no ticker.

They switched to the network TX at 13:00:00.

It does mirror what happened with Prince Philip last year.

(08-09-2022, 01:06 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  
(08-09-2022, 12:53 PM)Asa Wrote:  Interesting decision given there's literally no other details and it isn't *that* news. It's noticeable how active the background of Studio E becomes.

Very smooth opt in, a pause on the News Channel and then a "welcome to viewers on BBC One".

It seems that such an announcement isn't one that they would expect Buckingham Palace to have made, so the significance of that led to the reaction

The Palace have always spin positivity or privacy on her health, So yes to say the doctors are concerned is very significant.
[-] The following 3 users Like aaron_scotland's post:
  • bilky asko, bkman1990, UTVLifer

I think, from watching the House of Commons and the reaction to developments/briefings that were ongoing on this, this is clearly very serious and that is reflected in the way this is being covered. That Charles and Camilla, and now William, are heading to Balmoral (even though Charles was v nearby) is significant.
[-] The following 2 users Like steve's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

(08-09-2022, 01:10 PM)aaron_scotland Wrote:  
(08-09-2022, 12:53 PM)Asa Wrote:  Interesting decision given there's literally no other details and it isn't *that* news. It's noticeable how active the background of Studio E becomes.

Very smooth opt in, a pause on the News Channel and then a "welcome to viewers on BBC One".

It seems that such an announcement isn't one that they would expect Buckingham Palace to have made, so the significance of that led to the reaction

The Palace have always spin positivity or privacy on her health, So yes to say the doctors are concerned is very significant.
The fact it's now being reported that both Charles, Camila, and William are travelling to Balmoral suggests it's fairly serious. I dare say the newsrooms were aware of reports of them heading up there before they decided to interrupt the schedules.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

(08-09-2022, 01:15 PM)Keith Wrote:  
(08-09-2022, 01:10 PM)aaron_scotland Wrote:  

The fact it's now being reported that both Charles, Camila, and William are travelling to Balmoral suggests it's fairly serious.  I dare say the newsrooms were aware of reports of them heading up there before they decided to interrupt the schedules.

Yup, I think she is perhaps on palliative care and we are talking a few days here.

I think we should stay away from any specific speculation as to her condition.
[-] The following 1 user Likes neonemesis's post:
  • XIII

I think all the news channels are probably now scrambling to get an OB location set up in Balmoral for rolling coverage…

Given Operation London Bridge has been rehearsed and prepared for a very long time, I assume this is something news operations are prepared for.

Do we at least get to have speculation regarding the colour of ties?