HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage

The BBC have been prepared for a long time...

twitter.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • fanoftv, Steve in Pudsey

No break for Nicolas Witchell yet.
[Image: QDWgfzD.png]

Here are some of the ITV slides used on their other channels which are inserted into ad breaks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 4 users Like Milkshake's post:
  • octothorpe, Rexogamer, SunburntRock89, TVFan

Channel 5 has suspended all programming until 10pm tomorrow.
[-] The following 2 users Like IdentFan101's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986

Will the BBC have a senior or semi-senior presenter on overnights? I would've thought they'd want somebody relatively experienced on tonight.

(08-09-2022, 08:07 PM)IdentFan101 Wrote:  Channel 5 has suspended all programming until 10pm tomorrow.

I suppose it's not as if they have a shortage of documentaries about the Royal Family.

If anyone's interested in BBC World Service TV's coverage, here's how BBC Persian broke the news... it's similar to Prince Phillip 2 years ago, they have a huge old BBC logo with a black background and then announcing the news... go to 13:16 of the video:
youtu.be 

Jake Tapper has come on air an hour early at 8pm UK time on CNN. A simulcast of domestic with the International staff being used at London.

(08-09-2022, 08:02 PM)Keith Wrote:  Well those wanting to see studio B now get their wish for the first (of many) special programmes.

... and we are reminded why Studio E still rules over all others.
[-] The following 8 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • aaron_scotland, bkman1990, chevron, Jayesyn, Juicy Joe, Newsroom, Superman1986, UTVLifer

ITV seem to have gone into an extended obituary film, I didn’t see the start though