HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage

(08-09-2022, 08:55 PM)Clean Feed Wrote:  Some clips of how the news of the death of Queen Elizabeth II broke across the BBC TV channels:
<snip>

BBC Two: www.youtube.com 
If you watch this BBC Two clip you can see a couple people in the background taking pics on their mobiles, before someone went over to them, and presumably gave them a bollocking as they promptly sat down.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 5 users Like Keith's post:
  • aaron_scotland, bkman1990, Clean Feed, JasonB, Ma76

(08-09-2022, 09:05 PM)Keith Wrote:  
(08-09-2022, 08:55 PM)Clean Feed Wrote:  Some clips of how the news of the death of Queen Elizabeth II broke across the BBC TV channels:
<snip>

BBC Two: www.youtube.com 
If you watch this BBC Two clip you can see a couple people in the background taking pics on their mobiles, before someone went over to them, and presumably gave them a bollocking as they promptly sat down.

Eek some people need to learn to have some respect
[-] The following 3 users Like aaron_scotland's post:
  • bkman1990, heyimdaf, Newsroom

Jonathan Dimbleby has joined Julie Etchingham and Chris Ship in the ITV News studio

It’s so strange now seeing the BBC One clip where Huw and Nick are just talking as normal, and then there is a pause and Huw announces The Queen’s death

I wonder why they pre-announced it before announcing it formally with the pre planned script, when BBC One was already in the coverage

Wow, yeh what a bad taste moment, just behind Huw's shoulder.

(08-09-2022, 09:12 PM)Andrew Wrote:  It’s so strange now seeing the BBC One clip where Huw and Nick are just talking as normal, and then there is a pause and Huw announces The Queen’s death

I wonder why they pre-announced it before announcing it formally with the pre planned script, when BBC One was already in the coverage

The formal announcement with the grey News Report screen was so the other channels could opt in

(08-09-2022, 09:13 PM)aaron_scotland Wrote:  
(08-09-2022, 09:12 PM)Andrew Wrote:  It’s so strange now seeing the BBC One clip where Huw and Nick are just talking as normal, and then there is a pause and Huw announces The Queen’s death

The formal announcement with the grey News Report screen was so the other channels could opt in

Presumably they could have done the grey screen and opted in to the first announcement though considering all channel controllers had about 6 hours notice

(08-09-2022, 08:59 PM)IdentFan101 Wrote:  How Sky Showcase broke the death during The Simpsons episode Homerpalooza.
youtu.be 

That was not a very good moment to cut away, but I guess they had no other choice.

I thought Late Night Mash would be dropped from Dave tonight but they are still plugging it in the top right corner. We'll find out at 10pm anyway.

(08-09-2022, 09:17 PM)dvboy Wrote:  I thought Late Night Mash would be dropped from Dave tonight but they are still plugging it in the top right corner. We'll find out at 10pm anyway.

It's still happening, just with some edits due to the events of today. As there's no adverts and just a Network slide, it'll be easier to make up the time