HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage

(08-09-2022, 09:15 PM)Andrew Wrote:  
(08-09-2022, 09:13 PM)aaron_scotland Wrote:  
(08-09-2022, 09:12 PM)Andrew Wrote:  It’s so strange now seeing the BBC One clip where Huw and Nick are just talking as normal, and then there is a pause and Huw announces The Queen’s death

I wonder why they pre-announced it before announcing it formally with the pre planned script, when BBC One was already in the coverage

The formal announcement with the grey News Report screen was so the other channels could opt in

Presumably they could have done the grey screen and opted in to the first announcement though considering all channel controllers had about 6 hours notice

Considering Liz Truss wasn't told until 4:30 (said just now on Sky) theres no way TV directors knew 6 hours before.

The Trace channels have moved to basic music schedule.

It looks like the MTV music channels will be doing the same as a few have "Programming Pause" on the EPG about programming being on hold until further notice.

(08-09-2022, 12:53 PM)Asa Wrote:  Interesting decision given there's literally no other details and it isn't *that* news.

...and that's why I'm not a BBC scheduler!

The biggest moment for BBC News, rehearsed time and time again, and when it actually happens there's a couple taking selfies in the background. Millions watching, although you'd assume most concentrated on Huw (I was the first time) But surely anyone who works in that area knows they may be on camera and behave...today of all days. Could turn out to be a 'tie' moment if the newspapers make a big deal of it.

Not that it was ideal on ITV News as the actual announcement wasn't cued up for Mary but she'd given it an intro anyway. Handled as best she could.
[-] The following 4 users Like Asa's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, Andrew Wood, Ma76, WhisperOfCinnamon

Nobody seemed at all ready. 

Here's a clip of ITV News

youtu.be 

and on GB News there was 30 seconds of black before the announcement

youtu.be 

(08-09-2022, 09:13 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  Wow, yeh what a bad taste moment, just behind Huw's shoulder.

Of all days to be taking a selfie this wasn’t it.

Skys link to Balmoral is failing, looked like its over cellular

Bbc radio will be back to normal later tonight. I saw a 5live producer tweeting royal journalists to ask if they will go on the station later tonight

ITV have announced Friday's changes so far...

www.tvzoneuk.com 

(08-09-2022, 09:29 PM)aaron_scotland Wrote:  Skys link to Balmoral is failing, looked like its over cellular

They are now over KU sat as a truck has arrived.

Peter Smith on ITV looks soaked to the skin. There must be a shortage of ITV News umbrellas