HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage

(08-09-2022, 01:22 PM)Nini Wrote:  Do we at least get to have speculation regarding the colour of ties?

Peter Sissons isn't on duty this time!
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • UTVLifer

I imagine Alistair Stewart is on his way to GB News towers as we speak.

It'll be very strange if this goes nowhere given the non-news breaking news. I suspect there is something to those who know that can only mean it's time to London Bridge ready.

Real feeling of moments of history to come.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com
[-] The following 2 users Like WillPS's post:
  • bilky asko, bkman1990

Nina Hossain on ITV's Lunchtime News in black. Not speculating, just thought worth mentioning.

EDIT: And don't think it was mentioned, but C4 cut away from Packed Lunch for a newsflash at 12:50pm, McGovern softly cutting off a guest to introduce it. It ended a few minutes after; don't know exactly when, but they were back talking to the same guest at 12:54pm.

(08-09-2022, 01:21 PM)XIII Wrote:  Given Operation London Bridge has been rehearsed and prepared for a very long time, I assume this is something news operations are prepared for.
Think BBC have at least a couple rehearsals each year. I seem to recall preparation includes if the news breaks during Breakfast, as well as if during the daytime. I think it's reasonable to speculate that obit packages are being hastily updated at this moment, if only to include the photo from the Queen meeting Liz Truss on Tuesday. Similarly broadcasters ensuring news studios/programmes have the likes of black ties close-by over the next few days just in case.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

twitter.com 

(08-09-2022, 01:21 PM)XIII Wrote:  Given Operation London Bridge has been rehearsed and prepared for a very long time, I assume this is something news operations are prepared for.

Although most of the reports with regards to London Bridge suggest that the working assumption is that she would die in London so the additional logistical challenges of a relatively unexpected Scottish death may not be so well rehearsed and some of the out of the studio plans may have to go out of the window if they don't have time to get the level of resources that they need up to Scotland (or that they can't risk losing access to so much resource for a number of hours whilst it makes it's journey up to Scotland in case the news comes sooner than expected).

(08-09-2022, 01:33 PM)Keith Wrote:  
Think BBC have at least a couple rehearsals each year.  I seem to recall preparation includes if the news breaks during Breakfast, as well as if during the daytime.  I think it's reasonable to speculate that obit packages are being hastily updated at this moment, if only to include the photo from the Queen meeting Liz Truss on Tuesday.  Similarly broadcasters ensuring news studios/programmes have the likes of black ties close-by over the next few days just in case.

They were caught out a tad by the Prince Philip's death last year although I think given he was in and out of hospital, it wasn't a shock. This news coverage reminds me more of when Pope John Paul II died, he was in very poor health and it was a matter of when rather than if.

Wonder how long the BBC will keep this going on BBC One considering we've already past the regular runtime for the News at One
I also would've liked them to at least mention the other major news of the day but I doubt we'll get that
[-] The following 1 user Likes bill's post:
  • octothorpe

(08-09-2022, 01:31 PM)WillPS Wrote:  It'll be very strange if this goes nowhere given the non-news breaking news. I suspect there is something to those who know that can only mean it's time to London Bridge ready.

Real feeling of moments of history to come.

It's fair to say they wouldn't be cutting into programmes like this if they weren't pretty sure this is it. Considering she's 96, if they were cutting into programmes just to report on "health problems", we'd probably have barely seen any regular uninterrupted programming the last few years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • octothorpe