HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage

Looking at the number of people gathered in the Newsroom behind Ben Brown just then it looks as though they've just had an update of some sort that requires urgent attention.

The BBC really need to get out of E as soon as possible if they don't want people speculating from the activity in the background. Although I wouldn't be surprised if Huw Edwards was being Mic'ed up for the announcement in B as I type.

(08-09-2022, 01:39 PM)qwerty123 Wrote:  The BBC really need to get out of E as soon as possible if they don't want people speculating from the activity in the background. Although I wouldn't be surprised if Huw Edwards was being Mic'ed up for the announcement in B as I type.

Presumably if they really wanted to, they could move the cameras around so you can't see the newsroom?

Though that in itself would stir up speculation as well.

[Image: cbeebies.png]A slight slip-up when they first tried bringing up the BSL signer, using the CBeebies background.
[-] The following 2 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • SlimyTrain, TVFan

(08-09-2022, 01:39 PM)qwerty123 Wrote:  Looking at the number of people gathered in the Newsroom behind Ben Brown just then it looks as though they've just had an update of some sort that requires urgent attention.

The BBC really need to get out of E as soon as possible if they don't want people speculating from the activity in the background. Although I wouldn't be surprised if Huw Edwards was being Mic'ed up for the announcement in B as I type.
Might have been the news that Princess Anne is already at Balmoral, and that both Prince Edward and Andrew are also on route. Sounds very ominous if all her children (and William) are travelling up there.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

BBC News Special will remain on air on BBC One throughout the afternoon, according to the schedule…

The online schedules currently has all BBC One afternoon programming moved over to BBC Two and the BBC News Special until 6pm.
[-] The following 2 users Like PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • bkman1990, TWO ident

Huw Edwards now anchoring the coverage as expected.
[-] The following 2 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

Huw Edwards now appeared in black tie, if that isn't confirmation that she's either died or is about to, I don't know what is.
[-] The following 4 users Like James2001's post:
  • bilky asko, bkman1990, TVFan, UTVLifer

(08-09-2022, 01:50 PM)PATV Scunthorpe Wrote:  The online schedules currently has all BBC One afternoon programming moved over to BBC Two and the BBC News Special until 6pm.
Surely that's a little bit over the top. There's not really anything more to report than the initial statement at the moment. Even after just over an hours coverage its already getting pretty tedious.

(08-09-2022, 01:55 PM)Will Wrote:  
(08-09-2022, 01:50 PM)PATV Scunthorpe Wrote:  The online schedules currently has all BBC One afternoon programming moved over to BBC Two and the BBC News Special until 6pm.
Surely that's a little bit over the top. There's not really anything more to report than the initial statement at the moment.  Even after just over an hours coverage its already getting pretty tedious.

That depends on what the BBC know that we don't,  they won't have cleared the schedules and wheeled out Huw if it was nothing, presumably they're expecting the announcement to be imminent.
[-] The following 3 users Like James2001's post:
  • bkman1990, Newsroom, UTVLifer