Special presentation after the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II

(18-09-2022, 09:16 PM)TVenthusiasm Wrote:  
(18-09-2022, 09:14 PM)Transmission Wrote:  BT Sport was live with Serie A, Ligue 1 and MLB. The sound was dipped for the minute, with crawl graphics explaining what was happening before and during. For the football, the commentators also introduced the silence.

I understand there will be more special presentation on lots of channels tomorrow.

What did the crawl graphics say?

In remembrance of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the sound has been lowered on this channel to observe the minute of national silence
[-] The following 1 user Likes Transmission's post:
  • TVenthusiasm

(19-09-2022, 12:00 AM)Transmission Wrote:  
(18-09-2022, 09:14 PM)Transmission Wrote:  BT Sport was live with Serie A, Ligue 1 and MLB. The sound was dipped for the minute, with crawl graphics explaining what was happening before and during. For the football, the commentators also introduced the silence.

I understand there will be more special presentation on lots of channels tomorrow.

In remembrance of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the sound has been lowered on this channel to observe the minute of national silence
It surely would have just made more sense to obverse the silence beforehand perhaps with a picture of the Queen. If you’re still showing the football (or Baseball) it kind of defeats the point.

BBC Scotland and Alba now showing the Queens Remembered ident on a loop with audio from BBC Radio Scotland and Radio Nan Gáidheal respectively.

Advertising has been "paused" on many channels, including the Sky and Discovery ones.

But not on Pop...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kunst's post:
  • TVenthusiasm

UKTV are showing a slide during ad breaks which says: HM QUEEN ELIZABETH II
1926-2022
We will shortly be returning to regular programming.

Strange for Pop to run with normal ad breaks: at least the other kids channels have removed them.

But since kids channels probably do not want to justify this, they've shrunk the time slots from 30 mins to 20-25-ish mins slots

(19-09-2022, 08:27 AM)TBNews Wrote:  UKTV are showing a slide during ad breaks which says: HM QUEEN ELIZABETH II
1926-2022
We will shortly be returning to regular programming.

[Image: uktv-20220919_082900.jpg]
Adverts have also been suspended on the Channel 4 and Sky networks:

[Image: channel4network20220919_082840.jpg]

[Image: skynoadverts20220919_075346.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes TVenthusiasm's post:
  • no1fanofthepals

(19-09-2022, 12:08 AM)Jon Wrote:  

It surely would have just made more sense to obverse the silence beforehand perhaps with a picture of the Queen. If you’re still showing the football (or Baseball) it kind of defeats the point.
I believe this is the first time that BT Sport have observed any silences, other than covering ones taking place at events they're showing. I think the slight awkwardness of last night maybe demonstrates why.

BBC2’s introduction to the coverage was rather interesting with a BBC2 ident/menu split screen over the announcement then a silent appearance of the Family/Royal ident that’s been showing on BBC1

(19-09-2022, 08:48 AM)thegeek Wrote:  
(19-09-2022, 12:08 AM)Jon Wrote:  

I believe this is the first time that BT Sport have observed any silences, other than covering ones taking place at events they're showing. I think the slight awkwardness of last night maybe demonstrates why.
I think there was also a silence for frontline workers during the first Covid lockdown, but of course there was no live sport at the time so it was easily covered with a graphic.

Speaking of BT Sport, this is being used in place of commercial breaks:
[Image: image011.png]