Special presentation after the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II

SCOTSUS is to return on BBC Scotland from midnight - the colour will also make a return. Will still be sombre

I don't know if this was posted elsewhere but a nice slide was shown on Sunday, in the style of the Royal presentation.
[Image: bbc-royal-next.jpg]

It makes the menu shown for the first couple of days a curious odd one out - its design harking back to '97, being centred with the logo at the bottom. The very sombre grey style almost generic, as if it could be for any royal. 

And no appearance of a family ident then. Presumably one exists in case of other Category 1 events but not something we've see as part of this due to the bespoke ident for the Queen running from the off.

The 5pm announcement yesterday is on TV Home. The intonation was strangely upbeat but if that's the biggest misstep the BBC have made in the last couple of weeks then it's not bad going at all. It's been exceptional, full credit to everyone involved.
[-] The following 7 users Like Asa's post:
  • all new phil, Allanbuzzy, Andrew Wood, Clean Feed, Ma76, thomash79, TVFan

We got a sombre Ident there now on ITV

[Image: bbcalba2022-09-20_16h41_31.png]BBC Alba has also returned to normal graphics for Alba Today

(20-09-2022, 12:35 PM)Asa Wrote:  I don't know if this was posted elsewhere but a nice slide was shown on Sunday, in the style of the Royal presentation.

It makes the menu shown for the first couple of days a curious odd one out - its design harking back to '97, being centred with the logo at the bottom. The very sombre grey style almost generic, as if it could be for any royal. 

And no appearance of a family ident then. Presumably one exists in case of other Category 1 events but not something we've see as part of this due to the bespoke ident for the Queen running from the off.

The 5pm announcement yesterday is on TV Home. The intonation was strangely upbeat but if that's the biggest misstep the BBC have made in the last couple of weeks then it's not bad going at all. It's been exceptional, full credit to everyone involved.

I’m wondering if this so called ‘family’ ident is actually just a myth, as I can’t see a circumstance where it would be used

Breaking news is introduced with a news report slide, news just keeps flowing with no junction, and then eventually you get to either a sombre or bespoke channel specific ident

If there wasn’t a reason to do continuity on more than one channel at the same time over the last fortnight, I would say there never would be.

Not sure it's a myth, it was certainly in evidence last April for the DoE obit

tvhome.co.uk 
[-] The following 3 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • Ma76, thomash79, TWO ident

Please keep this thread dedicated to the special presentation surrounding the events.

Discussion of announcers' style and delivery has been split off.

Thanks.

With cinnamon, never chocolate
[-] The following 2 users Like Cappuccino's post:
  • Roger Darthwell, Si-Co

(20-09-2022, 06:28 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Not sure it's a myth, it was certainly in evidence last April for the DoE obit

tvhome.co.uk 

I wonder if the DofE idents that were used from the Saturday onward were knocked up at very short notice. Otherwise why not use them on the day itself?

(25-09-2022, 03:27 PM)TWO ident Wrote:  
(20-09-2022, 06:28 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Not sure it's a myth, it was certainly in evidence last April for the DoE obit

tvhome.co.uk 

I wonder if the DofE idents that were used from the Saturday onward were knocked up at very short notice. Otherwise why not use them on the day itself?
They definitely weren’t knocked up in a weekend - someone found them hidden in the Sky Q software a few years before.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 3 users Like VMPhil's post:
  • Ma76, thomash79, TWO ident

(20-09-2022, 12:35 PM)Asa Wrote:  I don't know if this was posted elsewhere but a nice slide was shown on Sunday, in the style of the Royal presentation.
[Image: bbc-royal-next.jpg]

You'd almost be forgiven for thinking the purple ident, menu and trail board didn't exist on the day the Queen died. Mmmm.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Clean Feed's post:
  • TWO ident