Special presentation after the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II

(09-09-2022, 09:53 AM)Si-Co Wrote:  
(09-09-2022, 03:42 AM)Radiounion Wrote:  
(09-09-2022, 12:57 AM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  Channel 4's dark blocks ident to introduce the special news coverage.

theident.gallery 

Still the most harrowing and hard-hitting somber ident I have ever seen.

Almost so sombre it’s inappropriate. Those blocks lying horizontally could be seen to resemble a dead body.

Not sure I'd go so far as saying it looks like a dead body but I do think it looks pretty rubbish and inappropriate. They'd be much better off with an ident in the package that just has the regular C4 logo for occasions like this rather than trying to do something clever and in-keeping with the rest of the package.
[-] The following 1 user Likes gottago's post:
  • Si-Co

(09-09-2022, 02:03 PM)gottago Wrote:  
(09-09-2022, 09:53 AM)Si-Co Wrote:  
(09-09-2022, 03:42 AM)Radiounion Wrote:  
(09-09-2022, 12:57 AM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  Channel 4's dark blocks ident to introduce the special news coverage.

theident.gallery 

Still the most harrowing and hard-hitting somber ident I have ever seen.

Almost so sombre it’s inappropriate. Those blocks lying horizontally could be seen to resemble a dead body.

Not sure I'd go so far as saying it looks like a dead body but I do think it looks pretty rubbish and inappropriate. They'd be much better off with an ident in the package that just has the regular C4 logo for occasions like this rather than trying to do something clever and in-keeping with the rest of the package.
Disagree on rubbish and inappropriate. I think keeping the low blocks was an extension of C4’s identity, as if it’s really speaking to us. In the end, agree to disagree.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Radiounion's post:
  • LoganStuff

(09-09-2022, 09:53 AM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Are we likely to get a "BBC Television from London" ident at 10 or will Breakfast hand directly to NBH?

Unfortunately there is no sign of it because instead Breakfast hand over directly to New Broadcasting House as BBC One currently joining the BBC News Channel for the continuing major event surrounding the death of Her Majesty The Queen.

So there's no "BBC Television from London" ident at the moment though.

(09-09-2022, 04:30 PM)DogMan2000 Wrote:  
(09-09-2022, 09:53 AM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Are we likely to get a "BBC Television from London" ident at 10 or will Breakfast hand directly to NBH?

Unfortunately there is no sign of it because instead Breakfast hand over directly to New Broadcasting House as BBC One currently joining the BBC News Channel for the continuing major event surrounding the death of Her Majesty The Queen.

So there's no "BBC Television from London" ident at the moment though.

They've changed the BBC One schedule recently to reflect a few services running out of respect for the Queen, the only likely way it'll be shown is if they lead out of the NC

Menu shown at 5.45pm on BBC ONE

theident.gallery 
Web Image

theident.gallery 
Web Image

theident.gallery 

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 5 users Like Andrew Wood's post:
  • Ma76, Rex, Si-Co, TesTVWhirl, TWO ident

Is that what will presumably be the template for the family ident?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rex's post:
  • TWO ident

(09-09-2022, 06:02 PM)Rex Wrote:  Is that what will presumably be the template for the family ident?

The Family ident thing is a strange one. It’s technically for when multiple BBC services simulcast and need a single ident. The time for that would have been yesterday evening but there were no junctions, just solemn montages between different news presentations. The gold and blue family ident was used (in the proper sense) for the evening of the DofE’s death but then used on BBC One only for other Philip-themed programming. So if BBC One alone starts using a special ident for QEII-themed programming it would be more accurate to call it a ‘royal ident’ or something.
[-] The following 2 users Like TWO ident's post:
  • Ma76, Rex

(09-09-2022, 06:22 PM)TWO ident Wrote:  
(09-09-2022, 06:02 PM)Rex Wrote:  Is that what will presumably be the template for the family ident?

The Family ident thing is a strange one. It’s technically for when multiple BBC services simulcast and need a single ident. The time for that would have been yesterday evening but there were no junctions, just solemn montages between different news presentations. The gold and blue family ident was used (in the proper sense) for the evening of the DofE’s death but then used on BBC One only for other Philip-themed programming. So if BBC One alone starts using a special ident for QEII-themed programming it would be more accurate to call it a ‘royal ident’ or something.

I'm in agreement, they would have had every service come together but they were all simulcasting the NC and BBC Three and Four were switched off due to statmuxing issues. 

Since BBC Two has already gone back to broadcasting its Curve idents, and BBC Three/Four looking like they will be restored tonight, it's accurate to say that whatever BBC One has later today will be the 'royal ident'.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rex's post:
  • DogMan2000, TWO ident

Presumably the funeral or Coronation would be the next occasion when multiple services join together?
[-] The following 3 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • DogMan2000, Ma76, TWO ident

(09-09-2022, 07:25 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Presumably the funeral or Coronation would be the next occasion when multiple services join together?

I wonder if they will. They did show Diana’s funeral on BBC2 but it was with a sign language interpreter. BBC News covers that role these days.