Special presentation after the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II

Gentlemen, i'm not aware that it is accurate about BBC One will show a special 'royal' ident this evening. I could be wrong but fingers crossed if i were you. However, i saw another schedule changes (for tomorrow Saturday) in progress at the moment via Sky TV.

(09-09-2022, 07:41 PM)DogMan2000 Wrote:  Gentlemen, i'm not aware that it is accurate about BBC One will show a special 'royal' ident this evening. I could be wrong but fingers crossed if i were you. However, i saw another schedule changes (for tomorrow Saturday) in progress at the moment via Sky TV.

Indeed they have just gone from the menu with the rather creepy voiceover straight into the documentary. If there is an ident based on that menu I don’t think it’ll be as good as the DofE ones anyway. That colour scheme was classy!

QVC is now currently showing a more detailed slide explaining why they are off air:

[Image: 2022-09-09_20h23_58.png]

(09-09-2022, 07:41 PM)DogMan2000 Wrote:  Gentlemen, i'm not aware that it is accurate about BBC One will show a special 'royal' ident this evening. I could be wrong but fingers crossed if i were you. However, i saw another schedule changes (for tomorrow Saturday) in progress at the moment via Sky TV.

You're right, that menu with the unsettling voiceover and black silk just got shown, I think they're going to use it for the rest of the night

BBC Alba decided to close early this evening.

The downtime text screen seen here using a grey background, rather than the usual brighter colour scheme.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Clean Feed's post:
  • Si-Co

A special purple ident was used at 9:30am on BBC One
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • TWO ident

It seems there using for the promo endbroads aswell.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10-09-2022, 09:46 AM)Milkshake Wrote:  It seems there using for the promo endbroads as well.
The junction in action, with the endboard and ident:
youtu.be 

Inversed arrangement of animations there, when compared to the one used in Philip:
tig.gy 

Can we safely assume something similar will be the Family ident?

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt

The 9.30am junction featured three elements:

- The menu design, first aired yesterday. Which oddly breaks away from the standard Chameleon template and has a smaller BBC blocks logo at the bottom of screen.

- Trail endboard. Standard Chameleon layout.

- Ident. Again, blocks logo in line with Chameleon. Though minus the channel branding - for simulcasts presumably. Unfortunately, we see the reappearance of the old Gill Sans 'Subtitles' tag and in the same 4:3 safe spot.

www.youtube.com 

The announcer wasn't someone I've heard before but fits the theme very well. Having the northern VO last night just didn't feel traditional, it needed one of the old guard with a more formal voice to do it.