Special presentation after the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II

(10-09-2022, 10:50 AM)robrymond Wrote:  The announcer wasn't someone I've heard before but fits the theme very well. Having the northern VO last night just didn't feel traditional, it needed one of the old guard with a more formal voice to do it.

Oh I’m sorry that us northerners don’t sound formal enough for you.
[-] The following 7 users Like all new phil's post:
  • bilky asko, chevron, dbl, denton, GMc, jimjam707, LoganStuff

(10-09-2022, 10:50 AM)robrymond Wrote:  The announcer wasn't someone I've heard before but fits the theme very well. Having the northern VO last night just didn't feel traditional, it needed one of the old guard with a more formal voice to do it.

Is that announcer a regular or someone brought in with an appropriate voice as a lot of the recent voices wouldn’t sound very formal

(10-09-2022, 11:05 AM)Andrew Wrote:  

Is that announcer a regular or someone brought in with an appropriate voice as a lot of the recent voices wouldn’t sound very formal

I'd say the same for any local dialects. I love accents but for the pomp of this occasion, the more formal voice just fits.

(10-09-2022, 11:05 AM)Andrew Wrote:  

Sounds like Toni Green. She's been part of the team for some time.

Thanks for the captures of the special presentation. Saw the flowing grey silk menu live last night and thought that looked extremely classy.

The 2021 rebrand, while not without its faults, has evidently elevated standards across the board. Kudos to the teams involved in coordinating all this.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jonny's post:
  • Tom

ITV are using a normal ident, albeit a fairly subdued one with a fairly subdued soundtrack, into tonight’s normal scheduled programming

I see National Geographic haven't fixed their wrong "Her Royal Highness" DOG yet.

BBC Red Button is currently showing a loop:

twitter.com 

(10-09-2022, 07:24 PM)SteamBoi64 Wrote:  BBC Red Button is currently showing a loop:

Do you mind me asking how you managed to access this?

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.