Special presentation after the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II

The red button channel is on a standard EPG number on most platforms

I'm surprised that with the schedule being so fluid this evening that BBC One hasn't let the announcer voice the trailer end boards, rather than having to immediately correct what has just been said over the ident.

[Image: tig96x96.png]

Two voiceovers laid on top of each other before The Voice there, something got messed up there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • Andrew Wood

(10-09-2022, 08:09 PM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  I'm surprised that with the schedule being so fluid this evening that BBC One hasn't let the announcer voice the trailer end boards, rather than having to immediately correct what has just been said over the ident.

Especially as the trailer looks to have been (obviously) edited recently. The main bulk seems to be Kirsty Young but the day and now wrong time sounds like announcer ‘Anthony’

And yes ITV seem to have two announcers on shift at exactly the same time tonight!

I wonder how much money the broadcasters are losing by broadcasting without adverts or sponsorship?

Means ITV will presumably have caught up with the programmes delayed start by the end of the evening though.

(10-09-2022, 08:17 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Two voiceovers laid on top of each other before The Voice there, something got messed up there.

Were both announcements pre-recorded I wonder?

twitter.com 

(10-09-2022, 07:51 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  The red button channel is on a standard EPG number on most platforms

Yes, but the BBC watermark in the corner suggests that it was accessed online.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

(10-09-2022, 09:41 PM)Josh Wrote:  
(10-09-2022, 07:51 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  The red button channel is on a standard EPG number on most platforms

Yes, but the BBC watermark in the corner suggests that it was accessed online.
Here it has been recorded off the FTA satellite feed:

theident.gallery 

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew Wood's post:
  • Josh

STV have been using the sombre ident between programmes with no announcer at all.

BrandonH: Archiving Television Past and Present.

(09-09-2022, 06:02 PM)Rex Wrote:  Is that what will presumably be the template for the family ident?

The 'family ident' hasn't been as thing for a long while - before the Queen Mothers death, hence it didn't make an appearance then

Surely ITV have more promos available than the one about anxiety and the one for The Larkins?