Special presentation after the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II

The Family ident - a simple BBC logo on an appropriate background - was used during coverage of the death of the Duke of Edinburgh, although I'll grant you that BBC One and BBC Two were playing it out independently with separate announcers
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • TWO ident

ITV have alternated between The Larkins promo and Britain Get Talking in every ad break all night, as a result each will have been shown about 10 times

(10-09-2022, 10:31 PM)Andrew Wrote:  ITV have alternated between The Larkins promo and Britain Get Talking in every ad break all night, as a result each will have been shown about 10 times

STV has had extra promo in the cycle:

* Britain Get Talking
* STV Player adverts/ The Larkins
* STV Saturday night and another STV player advert.

Regular 3-line menu and standard ident at 9am on BBC One.

[Image: tig96x96.png]

(10-09-2022, 09:08 PM)James2001 Wrote:  I wonder how much money the broadcasters are losing by broadcasting without adverts or sponsorship?

Means ITV will presumably have caught up with the programmes delayed start by the end of the evening though.

I wonder if it’s written into contracts that sponsorship / advertising would be suspended in the event of a Cat1 death. It’s so rare, I suspect advertisers would accept the risk.

(11-09-2022, 09:00 AM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  Regular 3-line menu and standard ident at 9am on BBC One.

Surprised to see a return to standard presentation so soon. Expected with the events on today it'd return from tonight or tomorrow.
[-] The following 1 user Likes robrymond's post:
  • TWO ident

(11-09-2022, 09:18 AM)robrymond Wrote:  
(11-09-2022, 09:00 AM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  Regular 3-line menu and standard ident at 9am on BBC One.

Surprised to see a return to standard presentation so soon. Expected with the events on today it'd return from tonight or tomorrow.

Because LK is a ‘normal’ programme perhaps (albeit not with much normal content today)? And they might continue with the special idents for all things HM-related?

The special ident is being used to introduce special programmes today. It is also now a specific BBC One branded ident rather than a general family version.
up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

[-] The following 1 user Likes PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • Si-Co

It seems a little strange that the BBC are using idents branded as "HM Queen Elizabeth II remembered" to introduce programmes that are more about the acession of King Charles III

Andrew Marr appearing on ITV News coverage from the studio