Special presentation after the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II

(18-09-2022, 04:20 AM)Si-Co Wrote:  
(15-09-2022, 08:58 PM)dbl Wrote:  Heads up.. Sunday just before 8pm across the UKTV Network, they'll be one minute's silence. I believe other broadcasters are doing this too. Pres aspect, you'll see some sombre pres*

*each channel having their own variation of into/out of it.

EDIT: Also Monday will have no adverts, but a nice slide will air to replace them.
After the Queen’s death until the Saturday, I believe, UKTV channels just crashed in and out of their holding graphic, with no text to explain the lack of ads or that programmes would continue shortly. I do hope to see bespoke slides or graphics on all commercial channels, accompanied, perhaps, by suitable music.
Indeed, that was an oversight. Which a lot of viewers thought it was a breakdown. So this new one will be a lot more clear
[-] The following 1 user Likes dbl's post:
  • thomash79

Some recent posts have been moved from this thread. This thread is specifically for non-news presentation related to the death of Queen Elizabeth II.

- Queen Elizabeth II News-Related Presentation: here.

- Queen Elizabeth II Schedule Changes and Special Progs: here.

Most BBC channels & stations took this script or variation of for the minute's silence:
This is BBC [channel name]. It's approaching 8 o'clock on Sunday, the 18th of September. Ahead of Queen Elizabeth II's state funeral tomorrow, we take time to reflect on Her Majesty's life and legacy as we join the nation for one minute's silence.

None of the ITV digital channels (bar ITV itself) took the silence as far as I could see.

UKTV had dark slides of their logo, followed by a slide of HM:
twitter.com 

TJC temporarily suspended their programming for 1 minute with a slide.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

(18-09-2022, 08:27 PM)Josh Wrote:  Most BBC channels & stations took this script or variation of for the minute's silence:
This is BBC [channel name]. It's approaching 8 o'clock on Sunday, the 18th of September. Ahead of Queen Elizabeth II's state funeral tomorrow, we take time to reflect on Her Majesty's life and legacy as we join the nation for one minute's silence.

None of the ITV digital channels (bar ITV itself) took the silence as far as I could see.

twitter.com 

All Sky channels barring anything with 'Comedy' in the name simulcasted Sky News for the minute's silence. 

Sky Comedy had a Queen Elizabeth's slide in its place

How things were covered over on Blaze at 8pm:-

www.tvwhirl.co.uk 

Discovery owned channels didn't make much of an announcement that I could see, but cut straight to this static slide for the minute:-

www.tvwhirl.co.uk 
Web Image

TV Whirl - Since 2001
[-] The following 1 user Likes TesTVWhirl's post:
  • Josh

(18-09-2022, 08:37 PM)Rex Wrote:  
(18-09-2022, 08:27 PM)Josh Wrote:  Most BBC channels & stations took this script or variation of for the minute's silence:

twitter.com 

All Sky channels barring anything with 'Comedy' in the name simulcasted Sky News for the minute's silence. 

I believe a few of the Sky Sports channels had a slide too.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

(18-09-2022, 08:44 PM)Josh Wrote:  
(18-09-2022, 08:37 PM)Rex Wrote:  

twitter.com 

I believe a few of the Sky Sports channels had a slide too.
Sky Sports Mix simply cut to Sky News, no special pres.

www.youtube.com 

BT Sport was live with Serie A, Ligue 1 and MLB. The sound was dipped for the minute, with crawl graphics explaining what was happening before and during. For the football, the commentators also introduced the silence.

I understand there will be more special presentation on lots of channels tomorrow.

(18-09-2022, 09:14 PM)Transmission Wrote:  BT Sport was live with Serie A, Ligue 1 and MLB. The sound was dipped for the minute, with crawl graphics explaining what was happening before and during. For the football, the commentators also introduced the silence.

I understand there will be more special presentation on lots of channels tomorrow.

What did the crawl graphics say?

youtu.be 

How some of the C4 channels did the silence.