Great! TV

GREAT! movies extra and GREAT! Christmas Mix have launched on Freeview broadcasting in the early hours of the morning.

And reportedly streaming outside those hours. Not really a fan of these limited hours channels now streaming 24/7 - yes, it's a good solution but I think if they're mainly streaming they should be put in a seperate section of the EPG - especially if they're not "broadcasting" at all during daytime or primetime.

I appreciate the fact these streaming channels are becoming more of the norm, giving viewers presumably more choice and with the impending launch of Freely, does indicate that we may see more streaming channels available on Freely. I presume it can solve issues with certain channels, such as maybe +1 feeds and potentially better coverage of channels like their children's channel POP.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Allanbuzzy's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

In the middle of a standard fair disaster movie this morning
Great! Movies and it's sibling channels stopped TX on Freesat.
They are not listed on Freesat's channel list so I guess that's the end of another channel.
Now I'll never know how 'Polar Opposites' concludes...

Wondering with Tiny Pop closing are they will they launch a new Great! channel in it's place?

Just wondering, if you were watching on Freesat and they were pulled from the TV guide, did that actually stop you from watching? As the channels are still active, I would have thought they simply continued to work until you changed channel?

I also thought Freesat did their channel updates overnight so viewing shouldn't have simply stopped during the day? Unless there have been updated to modern receivers for Freesat that allow this sort of thing?

Can't imagine they're going behind a paywall as can't see them having much value to Sky.

rxtvinfo.com 

(08-02-2024, 12:16 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Can't imagine they're going behind a paywall as can't see them having much value to Sky.

rxtvinfo.com 

Sky Stream/Glass appear to have HD exclusivity of the Great! channels.

(07-02-2024, 08:22 PM)rick Wrote:  Just wondering, if you were watching on Freesat and they were pulled from the TV guide, did that actually stop you from watching? As the channels are still active, I would have thought they simply continued to work until you changed channel?

I also thought Freesat did their channel updates overnight so viewing shouldn't have simply stopped during the day? Unless there have been updated to modern receivers for Freesat that allow this sort of thing?

Yes dropped off completely on Freesat. Not on EPG or Freesat's channel listing. After a retune of Freesat to check, it goes from Film4 to Talking Pictures TV with not 'Great!' output.

Was the streaming app available on Freesat, and if so is it still there?