BBC/STV Scotland News

BBC Scotland weather presenter Judith Ralston says that a new studio is due soon:

twitter.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like j.smith's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, Superman1986

Given that just a couple of temporary sets are being shared around the various English Regions, I wonder whether Reporting Scotland will re-use the same temporary set that was previously used by Newsline in Belfast?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Former Member 406's post:
  • Superman1986

They could, of course, just deconstruct one side of the set and move that to the temporary home. I seem to remember they moved the entire set and spring the current one on us, so anything is possible.
[-] The following 2 users Like news junkie's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986

Does Reporting Scotland ever still use the desk?

Ok, so here’s what I know… after Breakfast is finished on Monday the 30th, Studio C will begin it’s 5 month transformation. New studio should be on your screens mid June.

The Early, Lunchtime, Main, Late and Weekend editions of Reporting Scotland will come from the set on the 3rd floor.

The Friday edition of The Seven on the BBC Scotland channel will come from the Riverside Studio on the ground floor - currently home to Sportscene.

Both the NCR and Studio C galleries will be reconfigured to be able to run the new studio.
[-] The following 10 users Like ScottishTVGuy's post:
  • bkman1990, bob, Former Member 406, London Lite, news junkie, scottishtv, Superman1986, TVFan, TVNerd, UTVLifer

The temporary set for Reporting Scotland looks nice. They’re using the Nine’s set
[-] The following 2 users Like Superman1986's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

(30-01-2023, 04:46 PM)Superman1986 Wrote:  The temporary set for Reporting Scotland looks nice. They’re using the Nine’s set

Yes, it's quite fortunate to have an additional news set that can be pressed into service a few more times a day. That said, I don't underestimate how much extra planning/pressure it puts on the teams to share this space for the next few months.

(Monday lunchtime)
[Image: 230130_reporting_scotland_temp_01.jpg]

[Image: 230130_reporting_scotland_temp_02.jpg]

[Image: 230130_reporting_scotland_temp_03.jpg]

(Main programme headline preview at 6pm)
[Image: 230130_reporting_scotland_temp_04.jpg]

Looks good. I was going to ponder whether we might see some fancy AR stuff on Reporting Scotland as a result of this move, but I think that's wishful thinking given the lack of time to prepare and rehearse on the shared set.
[-] The following 4 users Like scottishtv's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, Superman1986, UTVLifer

I wonder if the NBH-B style set will keep the “ Ironing Board”? Lol

(30-01-2023, 08:49 PM)Superman1986 Wrote:  I wonder if the NBH-B style set will keep the “ Ironing Board”? Lol

Knowing the BBC and how “consistent” it is I wouldn’t be surprised if they did keep it and have two set eras clash.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rory N's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

Didn’t realise the set was ten years old it looked very modern and full HD with animated graphics.
[-] The following 3 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986, UTVLifer