BBC/STV Scotland News

(28-03-2024, 12:12 PM)Universal_r Wrote:  ‘Sean’s Scotland’ has been scheduled at 6pm instead of the news and ‘Scotland revealed moments’ is scheduled for 10:35pm.

According to BBC Scotland, there'll be no attempt to produce bulletins today using non-striking staff.

Scotland Tonight usually airs in peak on Thursdays (8.30pm) but Tonight has been brought forward instead from its usual timeshifted slot after the late news.

www.bbc.co.uk 

Meanwhile on the picket lines...

twitter.com 

What's happening about the 13:55 bulletin, after the ITV lunchtime news, what's replacing that?

(28-03-2024, 12:41 PM)robertclark125 Wrote:  What's happening about the 13:55 bulletin, after the ITV lunchtime news, what's replacing that?

We had a weather forecast, then STV promos to fill the slot.

(28-03-2024, 07:26 AM)freeview87 Wrote:  We are getting Border News during GMB this morning. One assumes this is due to the strikes at STV.

Yes, it is due to the strike.

Border News being shown on STV surely has to be a first.

(28-03-2024, 02:57 PM)GMc Wrote:  We had a weather forecast, then STV promos to fill the slot.

Presumably the only output from Pacific Quay today?

(28-03-2024, 03:22 PM)lookoutwales Wrote:  Presumably the only output from Pacific Quay today?

It looks like it. I'm thinking the Weather forecasts are still being produced and broadcast due to the sponsorship?

(28-03-2024, 05:48 PM)GMc Wrote:  It looks like it. I'm thinking the Weather forecasts are still being produced and broadcast due to the sponsorship?

I can’t imagine the sponsorship has anything to do with it - if the workers are on strike, they’re on strike. Maybe forecasters are not part of the union? That’d be the most likely scenario I’d imagine.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LargelyALurker's post:
  • lookoutwales

No news at all af 6pm.

I would’ve thought they would have at least give us Lookaround.

(28-03-2024, 06:35 PM)LargelyALurker Wrote:  I can’t imagine the sponsorship has anything to do with it - if the workers are on strike, they’re on strike. Maybe forecasters are not part of the union? That’d be the most likely scenario I’d imagine.

Agreed. Unless they did carry out other journalistic roles beyond simply their weather duties, I doubt Sean et al. would be themselves be NUJ members.

And BECTU is not on strike (having accepted the pay offer), so they would have had at least the minimum crew on duty to put out the forecasts - though I wouldn’t be surprised if they had instructed their members not to step in and cover the duties of those striking today.

Considering there hasn’t even been an attempt to put out a skeleton service today, that will be a success in the NUJ’s eyes.

(28-03-2024, 03:13 PM)Steven O Wrote:  Yes, it is due to the strike.

Border News being shown on STV surely has to be a first.

It's not STV at breakfast time it's still a completely different Ofcom licence for ITV Breakfast 6 am to 925 (the Lorraine overrun is a commercial agreement between ITV and STV after 925)

ITV just substituted their own choice of content as STV couldn't fulfill their contract with ITV Breakfast to provide news
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stockland Hillman's post:
  • lookoutwales