BBC/STV Scotland News

Has there been a normal regional news service, on good morning Britain, for STV area viewers?

So a good way into the new look for Reporting Scotland, and the main 6.30pm programme still has that really awkward camera shot (sometimes static, sometimes a zoom into the presenter) after the titles. Surely I can’t be the only person that thinks it looks awful.

They have such a large, new studio, why not show it off with different angles and swoops of the studio, rather than dull, and boring shots they seem to be obsessed with.

(19-04-2024, 12:14 AM)TELEVISION Wrote:  So a good way into the new look for Reporting Scotland, and the main 6.30pm programme still has that really awkward camera shot (sometimes static, sometimes a zoom into the presenter) after the titles. Surely I can’t be the only person that thinks it looks awful.

They have such a large, new studio, why not show it off with different angles and swoops of the studio, rather than dull, and boring shots they seem to be obsessed with.

Agreed - especially as the post title music seems to last just a second or two too long for such a static shot.

The last Seven Days programme on the BBC Scotland channel is next week:

x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes j.smith's post:
  • interestednovice

(21-04-2024, 06:49 PM)j.smith Wrote:  The last Seven Days programme on the BBC Scotland channel is next week:

x.com 

With The Nine also going, the beginning of the end of the BBC Scotland channel imo.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Division2023's post:
  • interestednovice

Both John Mackay and Kelly will be outside Holyrood at 6pm, i would also expect a special titles

(25-04-2024, 05:39 PM)Milkshake Wrote:  Both John Mackay and Kelly will be outside Holyrood at 6pm, i would also expect a special titles

Infact, John’s in the Glasgow studio as usual.

Presumably more out of convenience since Kelly Ann is based in Edinburgh day in, day out.

x.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like lookoutwales's post:
  • interestednovice, Milkshake

(25-04-2024, 05:39 PM)Milkshake Wrote:  Both John Mackay and Kelly will be outside Holyrood at 6pm, i would also expect a special titles

Only Kelly-Ann at Bute House. John is in the studio.
[-] The following 2 users Like GMc's post:
  • interestednovice, Milkshake

I take it the strike has NOT happened today with todays news flying around the First minster is about to exit the door.

(Yesterday, 08:24 AM)Milkshake Wrote:  I take it the strike has NOT happened today with todays news flying around the First minster is about to exit the door.
The strike is planned for the 1st May, not today
[-] The following 2 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • interestednovice, lookoutwales