BBC/STV Scotland News

(29-04-2024, 09:18 AM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  The strike is planned for the 1st May, not today

Thats it, The strike was planned for Wed 1st may, the Same day as the no confidence vote. So him going got me slight confused
[-] The following 1 user Likes Milkshake's post:
  • interestednovice

(29-04-2024, 01:48 PM)Milkshake Wrote:  Thats it, The strike was planned for Wed 1st may, the Same day as the no confidence vote. So him going got me slight confused

That's presumably made the decision over whether to strike that day a lot easier!

(29-04-2024, 02:14 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  That's presumably made the decision over whether to strike that day a lot easier!

At any rate, it’s been timed to coincide with the shareholders AGM, though unless the dispute is settled, there’s talk of disruption going into the Euros.

No word yet from the NUJ on any progress or otherwise.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • interestednovice

If the strike goes ahead tomorrow, I assume same arrangements as the first strike day?

They have just announced during the STV news, the strike is going ahead tomorrow and they will be no news.

Just confirmed there during the bulletin that strike action is still going ahead tomorrow.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gary McEwan's post:
  • lookoutwales

Here’s the NUJ statement - a further package of proposals was rejected by members.

The union plans to attend the aforementioned AGM of shareholders tomorrow.

www.nuj.org.uk 

Which means filler material at 1.55pm, 6pm, and 10.35pm. Also likely to mean STV viewers see Lookaround on Good morning Britain.

Slightly surprised at the direct criticism of Simon Pitt's pay package. However, given he's already been appointed as Global's new CEO (taking up post next year), I guess the union and it's members have nothing to lose by calling it out.

Pitt has generally navigated STV through tricky times quite well, and managed to keep the board and shareholders happy with his focus on making STV Studios a better, money-making business to support the rest of the operation.

Will be interesting to see who replaces Pitt as CEO and if it makes the company any more/less vulnerable to renewed interest from ITV plc.
[-] The following 2 users Like scottishtv's post:
  • London Lite, lookoutwales

As per the last strike, Sean's Scotland takes place of the News at Six while the post-NaT schedule includes:

10.35 Scotland Revealed Moments (in place of the late news)
10.45 Peston (bumped up to replace Scotland Tonight)
11.40 The People's History Show (extra programme)
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • scottishtv