BBC/STV Scotland News

The set that was exclusively used as-of-late had a pretty major refresh between 2019-21 with the 'ironing board' being installed, but the main set was installed in 2014. The 'NBH-era' sets certainly have aged well though.
[-] The following 3 users Like MFTJA's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986, UTVLifer

(30-01-2023, 10:43 PM)MFTJA Wrote:  The set that was exclusively used as-of-late had a pretty major refresh between 2019-21 with the 'ironing board' being installed, but the main set was installed in 2014. The 'NBH-era' sets certainly have aged well though.

Old set already beginning to be ripped out.....
twitter.com 

(30-01-2023, 10:43 PM)MFTJA Wrote:  The 'NBH-era' sets certainly have aged well though.
I guess it's down to a mixture of the materials used and the quality of the build. Some sets benefitted from involving less scenery movement than their predecessors - NBH-B in particular not suffering from the constant moving of desks and sofas in relation to TC7 which did look rather knackered towards the end.

Very real chance, though, that at least one Barco-style set outlasts all the 2012/NBH-style sets. Plymouth is the only 'full' one left, with London and Tunbridge Wells both counting as half-marks (for different reasons). But there are four proper Barco-style sets still in use.
[-] The following 3 users Like DTV's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986, UTVLifer

Honestly can’t stand the “ironing board”. They have a similar one in BBC Delhi studios. It feels swamped by the acres of open space around it.

Hope it’s gone.
[-] The following 3 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • GMc, Superman1986, UTVLifer

(31-01-2023, 03:41 AM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  Honestly can’t stand the “ironing board”. They have a similar one in BBC Delhi studios. It feels swamped by the acres of open space around it.
Agreed, I have no idea why that became some sort of staple of BBC News set design - it looked poor (and out of place with the rest of the set) on Victoria Derbyshire, and just looked worse and worse in every new set they put it in.

Am looking forward to the Scotland set as I suspect they'll be the only region to get a full multi-zone version of the set. Will also be nice to see some blue in there - my main criticism of the current set design is that the solely white and red colour scheme feels a bit clinical - could really do with some time of day highlights like Studio E.
[-] The following 2 users Like DTV's post:
  • Nige, UTVLifer

Baffles me how they use the studio they do for Reporting Scotland when the one used for The Nine etc is infinitely better.
[-] The following 8 users Like all new phil's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, GraemeT88, Jeff, m_in_m, Randomuser123, steve, UTVLifer

Any updates on how the new Reporting Scotland studio is coming along?

Is it going to be similar/the same as BBC Newsline?

Apologies if this has already been covered!
[-] The following 1 user Likes TELEVISION's post:
  • Superman1986

See this post from the previous page from January

(28-01-2023, 12:01 PM)ScottishTVGuy Wrote:  Ok, so here’s what I know… after Breakfast is finished on Monday the 30th, Studio C will begin it’s 5 month transformation. New studio should be on your screens mid June.

The Early, Lunchtime, Main, Late and Weekend editions of Reporting Scotland will come from the set on the 3rd floor.

The Friday edition of The Seven on the BBC Scotland channel will come from the Riverside Studio on the ground floor - currently home to Sportscene.

Both the NCR and Studio C galleries will be reconfigured to be able to run the new studio.
[-] The following 2 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • Plutobug, Superman1986

Here is how the set is looking so far…

Gosh it’s looking great! Thanks for sharing. For some reason I imagined them having installed robot cameras haha. Still … looks great!