BBC/STV Scotland News

That kinda looks like a standing desk?

The BBC really ramping up its " ITV !look AKA it all looks the same.

(10-03-2023, 07:59 PM)news junkie Wrote:  That kinda looks like a standing desk?
Looks the same as all the other desks based on the new Studio B design to me, so a sitting desk. I imagine Reporting Scotland's era of using a standing desk was just a phase.
[-] The following 2 users Like MFTJA's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986

(10-03-2023, 08:03 PM)MFTJA Wrote:  
(10-03-2023, 07:59 PM)news junkie Wrote:  That kinda looks like a standing desk?
Looks the same as all the other desks based on the new Studio B design to me, so a sitting desk. I imagine Reporting Scotland's era of using a standing desk was just a phase.
Not sure, the lightbox element looks only partial height in comparison to the near-full-height lightboxes in the London and Belfast desks and, at first glance, I did wonder if it might be a standing desk. Also does look a bit proportionally tall for a seated desk.

It's good that Glasgow aren't getting the same shoebox set as the English regions (though I didn't think this would happen), but I can't help but feel it's a shame that more set elements (rather than just videowall, desk, monolith) haven't been included. I know that it's not complete, but it would have been good for the regions to get at least some of the elements that make Studio B more interesting than a redux of Barco-era TC7.
[-] The following 4 users Like DTV's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, James, Plutobug

Douglas Fraser seems to be coming from a weird studio/DTL tonight.

He was referred to as being "in the studio". Perhaps a first glimpse of the revamped Studio C?

[Image: fraser.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like thegeek's post:
  • bkman1990, Plutobug, Superman1986

I'm not sure if Douglas has moved north to Inverness - he's done lives from there more recently, both from what looks to be inside the BBC Scotland office there (albeit with a different background), as well as outside, as below:

twitter.com 

does Inverness not still use the self-op DTL studio (with pictures of the city on roller blinds) for hits like that, rather than the An Là studio?

(14-03-2023, 08:29 PM)I’m thegeek Wrote:  He was referred to as being "in the studio". Perhaps a first glimpse of the revamped Studio C?

[Image: fraser.jpg]

This is the AnLa set in Inverness.

It is… and it’s rather tall. Not sure how it’s gonna look with presenters who are on the shorter side.
[-] The following 2 users Like ScottishTVGuy's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

Has Reporting Scotland developed the same allergy to sitting down that Kay Burley has often had over the years on Sky News?
[-] The following 2 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986