BBC/STV Scotland News

(06-04-2023, 09:39 PM)MFTJA Wrote:  
(06-04-2023, 03:44 PM)ScottishTVGuy Wrote:  Should be on air in June!
Forgive me for my lack of knowledge, but why's it taking that long? The set looks complete and the studio is fairly modern, do that many tech upgrades need to take place?
They're going to need the extra time for rehearsals - making sure the presenters know where to present from, what camera positions are to be used, and perhaps most importantly, checking the tech all works correctly! Otherwise you get something like GB News when it first launched.
[-] The following 4 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bkman1990, London Lite, Plutobug, UTVLifer

(06-04-2023, 09:39 PM)MFTJA Wrote:  
(06-04-2023, 03:44 PM)ScottishTVGuy Wrote:  Should be on air in June!
Forgive me for my lack of knowledge, but why's it taking that long? The set looks complete and the studio is fairly modern, do that many tech upgrades need to take place?

The gallery is also being stripped out and refitted. I don't think anyone needs two months of rehearsal.
[-] The following 2 users Like Gavin Scott's post:
  • bkman1990, London Lite

(07-04-2023, 12:16 AM)Gavin Scott Wrote:  The gallery is also being stripped out and refitted. I don't think anyone needs two months of rehearsal.
Has that gallery been upgraded since PQ opened in 2007? It seems to have fairly modern equipment installed.

(07-04-2023, 12:16 AM)Gavin Scott Wrote:  
(06-04-2023, 09:39 PM)MFTJA Wrote:  Forgive me for my lack of knowledge, but why's it taking that long? The set looks complete and the studio is fairly modern, do that many tech upgrades need to take place?

The gallery is also being stripped out and refitted. I don't think anyone needs two months of rehearsal.
I don't know... the shambles that is the merged BBC News channel could probably have done with it. You'd think a month would have been plenty for such experienced people... but perhaps not. Though I take your point that it's probably not necessary for a bulletins-only operation like Reporting Scotland.

(01-04-2023, 08:15 AM)PWD Wrote:  That set wasn't great was it! I remember the brightly coloured newsroom, I'm sure the newsroom set was initially for the shortlived Newsline Scotland programme on the BBC Choice Scotland opt. Would love to see some clips of it!

turns out there are one or two:

www.youtube.com 

rewind.thetvroom.com 

I feel like the QMD newsroom set predated BBC Choice, though it's possible they gave it a bit of a spruce up for the digital show.
[-] The following 2 users Like thegeek's post:
  • bkman1990, PWD

(06-04-2023, 05:28 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  Yeah its simply the same as the others. 3 Screens and the large monolith freestanding screen and a curved sofa to the right. Nothing that different from others. Aside from the OSGs and its larger.

(11-04-2023, 09:59 PM)thegeek Wrote:  
(01-04-2023, 08:15 AM)PWD Wrote:  That set wasn't great was it! I remember the brightly coloured newsroom, I'm sure the newsroom set was initially for the shortlived Newsline Scotland programme on the BBC Choice Scotland opt. Would love to see some clips of it!

turns out there are one or two:

www.youtube.com 

rewind.thetvroom.com 

I feel like the QMD newsroom set predated BBC Choice, though it's possible they gave it a bit of a spruce up for the digital show.
Wow! Great find, thanks for posting. Wonder what the viewing figures were like back in 2000...
[-] The following 1 user Likes PWD's post:
  • bkman1990

twitter.com 

Credit to Nick Buckley
[-] The following 3 users Like Superman1986's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, Plutobug

Clean Feed reports that move to the new studio can happen in two weeks time.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, Superman1986

Pilots have begun in Studio C. New studio may be ready to go by the middle of June, maybe slightly before. Date has yet to be decided. Also new titles and updated music on the way.

Unconfirmed date of 9th June.
[-] The following 6 users Like ScottishTVGuy's post:
  • bai4943, bkman1990, oscillon, Superman1986, TVFan, UTVLifer

(26-05-2023, 11:51 AM)ScottishTVGuy Wrote:  Pilots have begun in Studio C. New studio may be ready to go by the middle of June, maybe slightly before. Date has yet to be decided. Also new titles and updated music on the way.
Was not expecting new titles and music. Let’s hope it’s an improvement to the current ones 🤞