BBC/ITV Midlands News

There was a report by Hannah Meredith on EMT about a behind the scenes of it all. They’ll be in the temporary set for a couple months. I think we’ll see the new set in December?

(03-10-2022, 10:35 PM)Superman1986 Wrote:  There was a report by Hannah Meredith on EMT about a behind the scenes of it all. They’ll be in the temporary set for a couple months. I think we’ll see the new set in December?
She said they'll be in their temporary studio for "the next FEW months" (not "couple of").
[-] The following 1 user Likes Former Member 406's post:
  • Superman1986

Yes, it's here at 24'10" until 6pm tonight - makes the point it'll look more like B in London:

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes steve's post:
  • Former Member 406

Now that I've got Sky Stream which has BBC One Midlands as default HD channel, the upscaling of Midlands Today is very poor and very noticable. It reminds me of when the regions had to pretend to do wide-screen in the early 00's and the picture degradation. You can actually see when The Mailbox opts into the 6 during the weather and the whole of the headlines at the start is in blurry SD.

Let's hope this isn't it until they move in 5 years time as it looks awful!

It's strange, BBC Leeds doesn't seem too bad on Virgin HD, you can barely tell when they go in circuit the upscaling is so good. Seems more noticeable if they opt during an OB rather than a studio shot, strangely.

The network BBC One HD simulcasts Politics Midlands and Politics North from Leeds on rotation and it's noticeable how washed out both studios look when they're upscaled.

(10-10-2022, 09:00 PM)London Lite Wrote:  The network BBC One HD simulcasts Politics Midlands and Politics North from Leeds on rotation and it's noticeable how washed out both studios look when they're upscaled.
I'm surprised that they don't rotate a greater selection of regions than just two.

I'm sure they used to rotate several for Inside Out.

(11-10-2022, 10:13 PM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  
(10-10-2022, 09:00 PM)London Lite Wrote:  The network BBC One HD simulcasts Politics Midlands and Politics North from Leeds on rotation and it's noticeable how washed out both studios look when they're upscaled.
I'm surprised that they don't rotate a greater selection of regions than just two.

I'm sure they used to rotate several for Inside Out.

They also simulcast Politics North West in HD.  Politics London used to be on rotation as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • Former Member 406

BBC East Midlands went behind the scenes end the end of tonight's programme to explain work going on. No previews.
[-] The following 1 user Likes watchingtv's post:
  • Superman1986

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Clean Feed's post:
  • Superman1986