BBC/ITV Midlands News

According to Shefali Oza’s Instagram story Midlands Today looks set to move into a temporary set on Monday

I imagine the temporary set will be by the windows overlooking the canal.

Interesting that the two Midlands regions are getting the new sets first.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Phil's post:
  • Superman1986

(27-10-2022, 07:47 PM)Superman1986 Wrote:  According to Shefali Oza’s Instagram story Midlands Today looks set to move into a temporary set on Monday

Is beginning to feel a bit like the 1999/00 rollout in terms of speed. Though can't help thinking that the regions that still have the 2008-10 Barco-style sets should have got to go first, rather than some of the regions with the newest sets.
[-] The following 2 users Like DTV's post:
  • Pompeytv, Superman1986

(27-10-2022, 08:46 PM)Phil Wrote:  I imagine the temporary set will be by the windows overlooking the canal.

They’ve used there twice, it’s actually a nice idea for a permanent studio

(27-10-2022, 08:49 PM)Superman1986 Wrote:  
(27-10-2022, 08:46 PM)Phil Wrote:  I imagine the temporary set will be by the windows overlooking the canal.

They’ve used there twice, it’s actually a nice idea for a permanent studio
It doesn't look as great at night though, as it's just a view of a few bars and restaurants lit up.
[-] The following 2 users Like Phil's post:
  • Mike, Superman1986

They surprised everyone with the Midlands Today temp set, I'm trying to work out where they are...

twitter.com 

I think it may be the usual spot overlooking the canal, but decorated (clearly going to be there a long time).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mike's post:
  • UTVLifer

With it now being dark at 6:30, they surely couldn’t have used the canal window with all the restaurants and their brand names vividly lit up. They’d get away with it at 10:30 but not for the full half hour.

Where will Politics Midlands come from next weekend? It's a tad small for that format with guests.

Is there a second set opposite that? Shefali seems to be reflecting into what could be a glass desk top. (Can't think why they would have a second set mind you)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • Superman1986

(30-10-2022, 11:31 PM)Mike Wrote:  They surprised everyone with the Midlands Today temp set, I'm trying to work out where they are...

twitter.com 

I think it may be the usual spot overlooking the canal, but decorated (clearly going to be there a long time).
It is, it’s in the main office and actually blocking out quite a bit of natural light
[-] The following 2 users Like Matrix's post:
  • Superman1986, UTVLifer